Silly question

tackleberry83

Mar 24, 2008
surbiton surrey
i have just ordered my 2010 leon cupra and i see all this talk of spacers etc for the DV but as the dealer wouldnt let me "drive" the 08 test driver i could hear if there was a chirp on let off of the throttle.

So basically is there a blow off noise (no jokes) on gear change as standard??

thanks

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i have just ordered my 2010 leon cupra and i see all this talk of spacers etc for the DV but as the dealer wouldnt let me "drive" the 08 test driver i could hear if there was a chirp on let off of the throttle.

So basically is there a blow off noise (no jokes) on gear change as standard??

thanks

why wouldnt they let you drive the car?
dont tell me spur garage?

so you ordered a car with out them letting you test drive it?
i would have given someone else my business mate.

no cupras chirp unles you add the spacer , but that gives you the whooshy noise , you get wastegate chatter if you add an induction kit and a remap ;)

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
So does that mean my cupra k1 has a spacer fitted by the previous owner as mine whooshes when changing gear.

Next question - if it has been added, does it have any negative effect on the car? Should I get it removed?:confused:

Going to Revo stage 1 in the summer so don't want any sound effect device spoiling my fun.

Poverty

So does that mean my cupra k1 has a spacer fitted by the previous owner as mine whooshes when changing gear.

Next question - if it has been added, does it have any negative effect on the car? Should I get it removed?:confused:

Going to Revo stage 1 in the summer so don't want any sound effect device spoiling my fun.

Take a picture of your engine bay, near the fans/ start of the engine cover and I will tell you if it has a spacer or not :)

And for what its worth I absolutely ripped the **** out of the k1 demo i drove. It worked as I put down a deposit as soon as I finished driving it!

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
Take a picture of your engine bay, near the fans/ start of the engine cover and I will tell you if it has a spacer or not :)

And for what its worth I absolutely ripped the **** out of the k1 demo i drove. It worked as I put down a deposit as soon as I finished driving it!

Here's some pictures - very dark outside therefore hopefully these are pointing in the right direction!
Spacer012.jpg

Spacer006.jpg

Spacer011.jpg

Spacer001.jpg

Thanks

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Don't think they do any harm lots have them and I have ordered one for mine so they can't be bad. Sure its just purley sound effect. The question is does it sound good?

Poverty

Which is only properly noticeable when an aftermarket air intake has been fitted ;)

The diaphragm DV makes a gay squeeky noise with a airbox too, but yes its more noticeable with a air intake. Ran mine without a spacer for a while and I hated it TBH.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise