Intake Manifold Gaskets - Re-Use or Not??

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Well the dealer just ballsed up my order and instead of getting me two 20VT intake gaskets got me one intake and one exhaust manifold one... Problem been is I was going to fit my evo shield gasket tomorrow.

Has anyone ever re-used the intake gasket and had problems or has it been fine. Been a crush gasket and quite thick when new sometimes you can get away with using them once or twice but would just like some opinions before I do so.

If it's a case that the old one will come out flat as a pancake and not re-useable i'll just wait till next week :mad:.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I managed with mine - it stayed in one piece when I pulled the manifold off, and it looked fine, so I left it. I heard other people say that half of it came away with the manifold and the other half stayed on the block and they had to scrape it away though...

If you're stuck I got two off the dealer, so I still have one spare (assuming the LCR is the same). I could probably only get it to you at the same time as a dealer could (or you popping into a VW or Audi dealer).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.