SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum (http://www.SEATCupra.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic Chat (http://www.SEATCupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   The MOT testers manual for 2012 (sticky?) (http://www.SEATCupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336417)

gac 22-11-2011 09:06

The MOT testers manual for 2012 (sticky?)

2012 MOT testers manual (possibly won't work, it seems to have disappeared)
New link if the above doesn't work

That link is a link to the new (still technically "proposed" but must be almost final by now) MOT testers manual for the new regulations next year. Highlights:

1) aftermarket HIDs will still pass an MOT if they have a good beam pattern. Levelling and washers are NOT required, but if you do have them, they must work (section 1.7, page 1)

2) remaps are NOT an MOT test failure (no mention of the word "ECU" or "map" in the document at all)

3) decatted diesels are NOT an MOT test failure. Only vehicles which require a full emissions test are eligible for the new visual check for a cat, since there's no emissions test for diesels then they can't fall into this category. And since there's no emissions test, a decat can't make you fail it. As long as you can pass the smoke test, you're fine (section 7.1, page 1)

There's lots of uninformed people still commenting on threads with the various rumours that were going around months ago, mainly about the 3 points above. Everything you need to read is in this document, it's an official VOSA document which is now datestamped 01 Jan 2012, which is why I think this is pretty much the final version which will come into force in around ~6 weeks. Instead of blindly panicing about your HIDs/remap/decat, try spending some time reading this instead and work out how it will ACTUALLY affect you...

great_kahn 22-11-2011 14:00

Excellent stuff mate, i will copy and paste this around if you don't mind, fully crediting you.

Cheers.

AndrewJB 22-11-2011 14:33

Cheers for that!

That also confirms that DIESEL cars registered after 1 July 08 now have new smoke rules

Quote:

After 6 free accelerations, the mean of the last 3 smoke levels is:
a.
for vehicles first used on or after 1 July 2008, more than 1.5m-1 for both turbocharged and non-turbocharged engines
b.
for vehicles first used before 1 July 2008:

for a non-turbocharged engine, more than 2.50m-1

for turbocharged engines more than 3.00m-1.

chris285 22-11-2011 14:47

mine passed the smoke test......just lol, got average of 2.85 with last 2 tests being over 3 :D

Jordanwaterhous 22-11-2011 15:31

That's good about HID's, pain in the ar5e to take them out for a day

adamb87 22-11-2011 16:14

Hmm I fancy hids now ........

LEE69 22-11-2011 16:25

Nice one mate.

adamb87 22-11-2011 16:32

What about the need of washers,though on hids?

gac 22-11-2011 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamb87 (Post 3707776)
What about the need of washers,though on hids?

Jesus H Christ. Read the first post, you drongo. And then read the manual. And then delete that post and preferably never come back. That's the problem with the size of this forum, the average reading age can be measured in months, most days...

vroomtshh 22-11-2011 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by gac (Post 3707789)
Jesus H Christ. Read the first post, you drongo. And then read the manual. And then delete that post and preferably never come back. That's the problem with the size of this forum, the average reading age can be measured in months, most days...

Wow, thats exactly what my head was telling me to type, but I thought it was maybe a bit harsh :lol:

AndrewJB 22-11-2011 16:46

Quote:

:rofl:

Nutkin 22-11-2011 17:09

Quote:

No the problem is the lack of intelect!

andycupra 22-11-2011 17:19

think we might have broken it... SCN should come with a health warning :)
although just seen only 130 odd views, so maybe not quite yet!

and now its working again.

gac 22-11-2011 17:27

Strange, would have thought the DFT could cope with a few hits. I can always upload it somewhere else, but that link will always lead to the latest copy. Not that I think it's going to change much now it's not watermarked as a draft, they're running out of time for changes now given that it's only 6ish weeks away.

LEE69 22-11-2011 17:31

ignore me lol

andythom 22-11-2011 17:41

Quote:

Brilliant!

Fed up telling people about bloody washers and levellers!

adamb87 22-11-2011 17:50

Sorry but what I have read from an mot tester on another forum you still need washers. Sorry to offend anybody !!

oldman 22-11-2011 18:02

sticky and lock then close all about mot so people have to read it
save repeat questions?

andythom 22-11-2011 18:15

Here's the section that applies to hids

Take what you may

To me that says if hids are fitted with accompanying levellers an washers all 3 must be functional....

IF THEY ARE FITTED!

Therefore if you don't have levellers or washers you cannot fail for not having them!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d92efcd5-d7fc-ed91.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/518e8079-d843-f3d7.jpg

oldman 22-11-2011 18:43

which is exactly what gac said in the opening post:
Quote:

1) aftermarket HIDs will still pass an MOT if they have a good beam pattern. Levelling and washers are NOT required, but if you do have them, they must work (section 1.7, page 1)