Climate Control prelift to facelift unit

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Hi all I was wondering is it posssible to change the climate control units over from the old unit i.e this style....
mD4uybUb5b3QtG9fb7TvPTg_zpsfdab0365.jpg

to the new style unit i.e this

mxEPdKZQ3EZhjYVHmvz_DdA_zpsce375a7a.jpg

i just hate how slow and annoying it is to change the temp...

so what im asking really is if anyone know if its a stright plug and play swap, or is there anything else ill need???

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Thanks for your replies I Have looked on your readers ride mate but the description and instructions doing it dont really show you how to do it?? what pin is it that you need to reroute???

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Will The fl climate work on pre fL twist knob style climate?

If you mean this unit then no because the twist knob is half automatic climatecontrol/aircon unit.

2007leon7.jpg

rodie121 said:
Thanks for your replies I Have looked on your readers ride mate but the description and instructions doing it dont really show you how to do it?? what pin is it that you need to reroute???

Ill write a little how to in a minute in this thread mate. Give me a few minutes...

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
1:
Remove the headunit/stereo surround with a credit card or trim remover.

2:
Will look like this when removed, now remove your head unit.
1.jpg

3:
Now remove the top left & right screws you can notice in the pic above. They are the only 2 holding the climate control panel with fascia.

4:
Get a trim remover or screw driver with SOFT blade on the back of the climate control panel where it sits above the soft interior dash. Pull backwards.

5:
All three connectors on the back have locking clips and the wiring loom will not give much space, therefore i suggested you remove the headunit... Get the red locking clips pulled out and remove all three connectors (A, B, C).

6:
Looks like this, if you look closely you see the red clips I was talking about.
2.jpg

7:
Now reroute...

Climatronic Wiring
On A Connector (black) extract both; Pin 16 and Pin 20 and put Pin 16 on the place were Pin 20 was, leave the wire on Pin 20 loose (not connected to the harrnes) for later connect the Air Quality Sensor if needed.

If you have an older VW Model you will need this wiring change:
Motors in parallel:
On C Connector (brown): Pin 7 connected to Pin 10 and Pin 8 connected to Pin 9
On B Connector (black): Pin 6 to Pin 7

The pin numbers are on the A connector so look close! If still confused look on the internet for ''golf mk6 climatronic in golf mk5'' or something like that.
It is the same procedure :)

8:
Connect A,B,C connector back on but leave clips alone. Test all your functions.

9:
Lock connectors, mount new climate control panel back on (you might use new clips for the back of the panel), screws back on, etc. etc.

10:
Enjoy. Any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: zamzia

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
So how much are all 3 panels or is it cheaper to get them sprayEdna nice piano black

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
So how much are all 3 panels or is it cheaper to get them sprayEdna nice piano black

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheaper to spray probably but I wanted OEM look and didnt like the glossblack look inside (too much for me :whistle:). Hydro dipping also looks like a good option for this btw!

The price of the panels is roughly around 10-15 GBP for the stereo fascia, around 65-75 GBP for the climate control panel and.... wait for it.... 125 quit for the new instrument panel.

Colour codes are a bitch and you definitely need to do research on this, my climate panel came with alu silver look (see pic) so I ordered the other 2 in the colour that would match it.
Seat/VW uses different colour codes for different dash panels so the only sensible thing to do is compare the description in ETKA and see if all 3 'sort off' match.

Anyway, the wrong panels arrived and there is no return on these items as they need to be ordered specially for your car. Had to buy the climate panel new aswell.

porksword28 said:
How much does that panel cost? Think I myt be tempted on this one! Really irritates me having to press the buttons so much

Look on eBay, I paid 100,- for mine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise