Hi Everyone - Looking at TDi FR 150

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Hi Everyone - Now got my new TDi FR 150

Hi everyone.

Just joined, bought an ST170 2 months ago, but then changed jobs and am doing 55 miles a day and get 270 miles out of a tank.

My friend has a Cupra R and recommended a TDI Fr 150, so I have a test drive tomorrow with one, but am pretty much sold on the idea especially at 40+mpg (not like my 21mph on the ST).

I am going to Autoworld Sheffield as they have 3 pre-registered FR's but all in Silver and I want Black or Grey, but have been speaking to a top bloke from Autoworld Chesterfield who is looking for a black one for me.

Anything I should be looking out for or asking for, I notice that the Seat site now says all FR come with the Cupra R bumbers and sat nav (much to my friends dismay). So thats a good thing.

Most important question is will I like the FR? I have gone from an MR2 Roadster, to 140 Celica, to St170.

Last edited:

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Now that is the answer I needed - Yes says it all.

Have to admit it does look the business, and from what I have read will out perform my current beast in quite a few places.

Might miss redlining though

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Andy, you got any good pics of yours, its definitely between black and grey at the moment

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Have I any pics, lol.

Luna Grey (silver) is less common. I'll send you a link and password.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
JESUS!!! You have alot of pics there Andy!! ;)

Hope you didn't mind me taking a look.

I really really love that colour!!!!! :whistle:

Last edited:

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Thanks Andy - that colour looks "silver" ? If thats the case then it looks GOOD!. A lot better than I thought it would.

1 dealer has told me there is little hope of getting a black now, the other is going to "try" to find one. However, both dealers which are the same dealership have these 3 silver's available now for £15k pre-regestered on a 55 plate.

What do you think?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
No problem guys. I do take a few pics aye. Habbit/Hobby or something.

I've never had a silver before and fancied one. Doesn't show the dirt that badly or scratches...

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Is there an easy way to tell? I think these where pre-registered at the beginning of this month with a 55, but god knows how long they have been hanging around.

For the sake of a £1200 saving, I would rather have a new one in black or the darker grey with the Cupra R bumpers and body kit with the sat nav.

Although after looking at Andy's photos, I think it does look good in that colour, presuming that is not the darker grey?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Mine is Luna Grey not Platinum. Mine is a Pre reg. Few sites you can check on.

www.RAC.co.uk then MY RAC and reg check.
http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk then vehicle enquiry.

Mine was 1st registered 13/6/05 with one previous owener. Last owner change (me) shows as 14/6/05. Same on V5.

Dealer wouldn't match so tough titties imo.

Checked with Seat UK and it has full 3yr warranty and AA cover. AllBrandsNew.com.

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Ahdoo mate,

I think you'll love the car although you don't say whether you've driven sootys before so you may find it a bit odd at first ;)

Colour wise, I like Andy's Lunar Grey and he's right, its less comon and I like Platinum grey too (which of course I would!).

Black and red are both cool too but I'm a slob when it comes to washing and I think the wing mirrors work better with one of the grey colours.

Price wise your way off lol.

Try here as a bench mark clickertyclack (I had mine from there and there was no issues) then see if anyone else can beat it.

If you move quick you'll get a bargain as they're trying to shift the stock to make way for the new model :)

Last edited:

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Cool, so luna grey is silverish and platinum is the ST170 type grey. Have to admit yours looks good.

I will wait to see what either of them can do, if I can get black then all the better, but they have both said that they are like gold dust and will not do a great deal on them. Whereaas they seem desperate to get rid of the 3 luna grey ones they already have.

So you reckon that the ones they have now won't have the CR body kit on them?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
On my site look at my father in laws LCR next to mine. Makes mine look and sound like a DIEsel. Might just be as his is red though.

My mirrors look ok too. Have been quoted £30 for coding though. From a dealer.

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Body kit, hard to say.

Allbrands where doin pre reg 55 with the kit and sat nav the other week so dont see why the ones at the dealers shouldnt be with kit n nav :)

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
I think the ones @ 12.5kish didn't have the kit. Maybe now the prices have gone back up they have?

Easy way to find out.. 0800 138 0955

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Thanks everyone, cant wait till tomorrow at 12.30 :)

Just run your photos past the misses and she is coming round to the colour, especially if we can get the car quicker and not have to wait for it. Might try to strangle the price down a bit, reckon I will only get 7.5k for mine

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.