Leon TDi clutch and flywheel

devonfr150

Oct 1, 2008
Exeter!
Hello all I had my 150 TDi remapped last year and the clutch is on the way out. Anybody got any reccomendations on what to go for as there are many different options avaliable all very different, wanted some first hand opinions on clutches and flywheels. Not looking to spend mega money but willing to pay for a reasonable setup!

mikeholroyd

I had the clutch and flywheel replaced on my Octavia TDI 6 months ago. I was advised to go for the solid flywheel conversion, which I did, and I am pleased to say I couldn't be happier.

It's much smoother, quieter, and free of rattles and much lighter on the clutch pedal now than it ever has been.

I wouldn't hesitate to try to point you in this direction!

The kit that went into mine was a 4 piece Valeo kit, cost me £300 for the parts, and £120 for fitting. Compare that with £1100 from Skoda, and there wasn't really any competition.

I have a mate who is a taxi driver in the Scottish Borders, and he has now done over 100k miles on taxi work with his solid flywheel conversion without any problems whatsoever.

Mike

devonfr150

Oct 1, 2008
Exeter!
Will most certainly look into going the soild flywheel route! anybody got any furthur suggestions for where to buy and what make to go for? dont want one that the car will rip apart now that shes remapped

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i heard a solid flywheel on the 6 speed gearbox makes them very noisy.. they are grand on the 5 speed

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
i heard a solid flywheel on the 6 speed gearbox makes them very noisy.. they are grand on the 5 speed

same here.
I got Cupra TDI and I went with SACHS flywheel and CG Motortsport paddle clutch. Few months after the remap the clutch is perfect.

devonfr150

Oct 1, 2008
Exeter!
same here.
I got Cupra TDI and I went with SACHS flywheel and CG Motortsport paddle clutch. Few months after the remap the clutch is perfect.

Did you get these parts off of the CG motorsport website? could you send me the part numbers so I can check it out, cheers!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.