Seat Arosa 1.0 S warning lights

1gear

Hi all

I picked up my Seat Arosa 1.0 S yesterday, its a 2003 (53) and today after filling up with petrol the exhaust emissions light came on. I pulled over when i could and turned the car off, waited then turned it back on again. Still on, the ECU and also the airbag warning light stayed on and then went off.
Any idea what might be wrong?
It ticks over nicely, no jerking when accelerating(not noticed any from when it wasnt on) and it still revs up.
Calling up the garage tomorrow to get it booked in, which is going to be an annoyance because ive got to fit it in around work.
Anyone have an idea of what it might be? Ive searched and read abit already but non seemed to say about the airbag light and also the ECU light staying on aswell then going off. The airbag light stays on longer though.

Cheers

1gear

I gave them a call and they said to take it in, but ive been at work so its not going till tomorrow.
Spoke to a few people about it and they seem to think its the lamda sensor, but its not forced to be.
Ive been driving it(because ive needed to) and its not been too bad. Its been abit hesitent to go off from traffic lights i think(ive stalled it a few times, but im still getting used to the car so not sure if thats me or something to do with the car)
Ill put up when i know more, i can hope its fixed by tomorrow but who knows.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Stalling is a common issue on the Arosa's. Often caused by lamda problems so hopefully thats what it is and nothing more complicated.

1gear

Fingers crossed its just the Lamda sensor.
I noticed the stalling more because i have never really stalled lots, especially not from going off at lights. But it seems to nearly go, then just stall.
Besides this its a lovely little car i think, but it does get some mickey taking at work:think:

1gear

Speed sensor is the problem. Been plugged in and it was that. The garage reset it to see if this would work(apparently faults can come up for weird reasons and sometimes just a reset sorts it) and it did for a few miles then it came back on. Lamda sensor was checked, not that.
The garage are ordering in a new speed sensor, which will be with them soon and thats getting fitted. Hopefully that will sort it.
Speedo is working fine though(or at least i think it is:think: Been through a few speed cameras and not seen a flash:whistle:
So ill hopefully have that fixed soon and the light can stop coming on!

DANIELP1991

Fingers crossed its just the Lamda sensor.
I noticed the stalling more because i have never really stalled lots, especially not from going off at lights. But it seems to nearly go, then just stall.
Besides this its a lovely little car i think, but it does get some mickey taking at work:think:

the boys in work take the pee of mine aswel mate.. knobs.. lol

1gear

Its not worked:cry:
Well, it did work for a day but now its back on!
Back in the garage on Wednesday morning for another try.

1gear

What error code should it come up with for that? Apparently it came up with speed sensor.
The car doesnt seem to be running any different to what i remember. Ok its slow, but i just take it its slow because its a 1.0.
It doesnt stall on tick over or anything.
If it was the EGR valve, what would be some signs i could tell from it?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure what error code it comes up with. It could be a faulty MAP sensor / Blocked EGR valve or it could be a case of your car has been fitted with a Non-Seat exhaust at some point in it life.

If your car drive quality feels sluggish, slow acceleration, you occasional loss of power, emissions are high and fuel consumption is bad then this can indicate that your EGR valve needs cleaning out

If your experiencing a 'mis-fire' when the car is idle which, is not so evident in higher revs or you experience lots of stalling then it can indicate your MAP sensor is faulty.

This thread might help you a little - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221448

This website has a list of some codes - http://www.airbagnews.com/PDF/Fehlercodes%20VAG%20english.pdf

1gear

Its got a VW exhaust on it.
Its done about 100 miles and used 1/4 of a tank of petrol(abit more but forgot to reset the clock) Thats a mix of urban and motorway/dual carriageway/country roads.
Yes, i do drive like an old woman:happy:

Ill have a look through the threads, ive looked about it before but didnt think it could be that valve.

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise