Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Lower Strut Brace
-----
Finally got round to ordering and fitting the Audi S3 lower strut brace that is also fitted to the Leon Cupra R as standard. Part codes are already on Pabs sticky in the Leon MK1 section.

Took around 45 minutes to install mainly because the car is pretty low so scissor jack was required. Results are good although the difference is not a vast one. I tested the car round a few roundabouts/nice turns turns and then Slick did the same. We both agreed its made a small nice improvement, the car just felt tighter and more planted on the road.

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Xenon HIDs and Side Lights
-----
Installed my Xenon 6000K HID Kit and Xenon 6 Head LED side lights two weeks back. Night and day difference over the old lights! I noticed you get a nice even spread with them and they really do light up the signs at night so much more than usual. As yet I haven't been flashed by any driver. I do recommend getting the alignment checked in case it is wrong.

Ebay shop I purchased these from are:

diane-shop
warden_jp2002

Special thanks to BCM for the heads up on the HID kit!

DSCF0091.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers Pat :)

I just need to sort out the indicators and fogs...Any suggestions for the fogs?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Fogs .... i'd leave them alone unless you want LED bulbs in so you can drive round with them on all the time without annoying people but that defeats the point of having them :)
Yes thats what everyone has said...i just want all one colour and fogs same colour that work..seems that isnt possible or is it? Going to have to look around.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
You'll struggle to get halogen fogs to match the HID - J@mes has put HID in his fogs which is easy enough to do - just not something i'd do. I'd HID the main beams first which is where i'm going next and leave the fogs alone :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
In Car Entertainment
-----
Got a little bit fed up of the standard Aura unit. Fact that it couldn't play MP3s really bugged me! Came down to two choices really, buy a Becker unit with Bluetooth or just a Becker Unit without bluetooth!

Purchased this beauty from a SCN memeber, a_waugh for a fair price. Came within 3 days and straight into the car the next day!

Sound quality is out of this world. Really does bring the best out of the Leon speakers which imo are pretty good. Crystal clear sound and clean bass, thumbs up!

Becker1.jpg

Becker2.jpg

Oh forgot to say matches perfectly in the car.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I am considering ditching the JVC in mine and going for something like this, does it come with front, rear and sub outputs Maz?
Indeed it does Pat.

You know what the great thing is aswell...it looks so standard that no one has noticed I changed the unit in the car!

Deleted member 13581

Looking good matey.

Glad your happy with it. Looks cracking in there.

Cant wait till i get my new one in. Im back to the standard one at the moment. 1 week to go.

Deleted member 13581

It better be or im not going to be chuffed. :lol:

Full DVD/Digital TV/Bluetooth Double DIN unit. Should be good when in. The cars away next week getting done. ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Rolling Road 2
-----
Just had my second rolling road. It seems that my first RR was pretty accurate. The car has exhaust, Panel filter and no remap...Opinions welcome!

SuperchipsRR.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Update picture to a clearer one sent by Superchips themselves. :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I can read that one now! :)

Good results mate! :D
Cheers mate! Quite please that its running that with no remap. I will hold off the remap now till the clutch and diff are in place...then get new turbo and map at same time.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members