Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Indicators
-----
Wanted to get rid of that fried egg effect from the front and rear as it looks really dated when you see that imo. I was going to replace them with Silvertecs however I always been a fan of Osram products and having seen Diadem Osram Indicators, they look very unusual and unique. Let me know what you think!

Fried Egg Effect
Friedegg.jpg

Diadems Indicators
diademrear.jpg

diademrear2.jpg

I fitted one of the fronts and was struggling with the second because the Derv battery is just so big and very little space to work with. Also rain didn't help!

Last edited:

mfish

Dec 19, 2007
Midlands
Have to say mate looks fantastic, I am looking to get h&r kit do you have any issues with catching the car on ramps in car parks etc..

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Have to say mate looks fantastic, I am looking to get h&r kit do you have any issues with catching the car on ramps in car parks etc..
I dont have issues with catching ramps but saying that you do have to be careful in general. I have been caught out twice due to lack of concentration on my part.

FR Damo

Looks great i will def be follwoing you with some of yor mods at least, did you find that you were getting loads of smoke witht the new exhaust that's the only thing that would worry me

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
i lossened the clamp on the battery and just shiffted it over a bit

looking good mate :D
Cheers mate glad to see a fellow modder appreciate ones work!

I might have to do that, going to have another go come Saturday when the weather is better.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Looks great i will def be follwoing you with some of yor mods at least, did you find that you were getting loads of smoke witht the new exhaust that's the only thing that would worry me
Thank you :)

Dont get anymore/less smoke with the exhaust than when stock. I think using V-Power has made the biggest difference to smoke, far less soot than before.

Hughes86 - the Exhaust cost me £100 all in.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It does say all the information in the write up did mate.

Removal of backbox and straight through to CAT.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Audi S3 Upper Strut Brace
-----
Upper strut brace has now been fitted. It really should have been one of my first mods but for some reason I forgot about it until recently. Draw back to the S3 strut on the dervs is that the engine cover has to be squeezed underneath it which will call a lot of vibration. I did expect this to happen and I already know what I have to do to mod the cover and get it back on. See red arrow of where I have to cut it.

The strut itself looks very OE in the engine bay. When I first took the car out I immediately noticed how the car reacted to bumps and uneven road surfaces. It was much better and the car drives much smoother. Turn in has definitely improved and when hitting corners and roundabouts at speed the car is so solid and composed. Due to me having suspension, arbs, lower strut and good rubber before I have the strut i initially thought it didn't make much difference. However at speed you can really notice that's its on hence i will say this mod is compulsory if you got everything else done!

S3 strut brace
s3upperstrut.JPG

Engine cover underneath the cargo net and in front of my SEAT boot tidy :) The red line showing where I am going to cut it to fit.
covernetcargo.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Front OSRAM Diadem indicators
-----

Here are some pictures showing the indicator on the front. Front passenger one was a ******* to fit but thanks to Slick who met me at AMD Technik, he assisted me to get it on. the picture face on is showing how in different light conditions you get a nice blue reflection.

frontosramindicator.JPG

frontosramindicator2.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Right some progress updates

Friday, JAN 18th 2008 - AMD Remap Stage 2.

Saturday, JAN 19th 2008 - Ordering £236 worth of LED bulbs for exterior and interior for 4 cars as bulk buying saves sh!t load of money . Slicks (Black FR), Meeee (Grey LCR), Soundwave (Black 1.8T) and me jonjay (Plat FR).

March 2008 - Service and potentially Sachs Organic Clutch kit depending on how mine holds up.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
AMD Technik stage 1 remap
------
Day 1: Arrived 09:30am at AMD Technik where I was greeted by Shaun (the owner). I originally requested a Stage 2 remap however Shaun said it was only worth going for a stage two if I got rid of the CAT and had a Miltek 2.50" downpipe to go with it. With diesels there seems to be mixed opinions on whether getting rid of the CAT actually makes any difference unless the car is very tuned i.e. big turbo. We both agreed in the end a Stage 1 will suffice for now and if i feel that i should get rid of the CAT to progress then he will put on the stage 2 for free.

Shaun showed me the before and after results. Biggest thing i noticed was the increase in torque in nearly all gears. Plant your fit down in second and you get an almighty shove in the back followed by wheel spin. The rain of course didn't help the wheel spin but once you got traction the car was quite happy to red line with no noticeable loss in power. The delivery is very smooth BUT aggressive which was why i chose AMD. I found the REVO map too aggressive low down and runs out at the end of the rev range to quickly.

The ECU is still to adapt so i will give another mini review by Sunday once it has settled and the full benifits are clear. The only downside so far is my fuel economy seems to have suffered is it because i kept putting my foot down? :)

Last edited:

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Like the Osram indicators in the front lights mate! Did the rears on mine a year ago but haven't got round to fitting the fronts yet... may just have to happen when I fit my HID's :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members