Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You know what I mean! :)

By the way saw those 17" wheels you were origionally looking at on a new A3. They look awful mate seriously...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Stopping power with plenty in reserve!

MOT and Service
----
The car had a full service carried out by no other than AMD Technik. They really looked at the car all over to spot any potential faults and thankfully there wasn't any. Even got a Aircon service as well so the it is working very well which I am pleased about.

The car also went for its MOT. Passed with flying colours even with the modified exhaust and HIDs so just for the record HIDs will pass an MOT!

ATE High Performance Brake Kit
----
The one I been waiting for! The ATE kit is finally on with no problems at all and there was no need for spacers! Only modification that had to be done was the brake guar had to be bent a tiny bit back to stop from rubbing.

You can immediately tell there is much more stopping power in them. Of course I am still in the bedding in period so cant really test them like I would like so a review of this kit will follow in the coming weeks and some more clean pictures.

ATEbrakes3.jpg

ATEbrakes2.jpg

Plenty of clearance as the disc is thrown back and LCR wheels have great clearance.

ATEbrakes1.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I was going to go for ATE Super Blue but couldnt get hold of it in time so went with EBC 5 dot fluid which is what AMD use for there track cars.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers people! :)

Just done a 50 mile trip and the brakes are getting better and better even under light braking. I just cant believe how much power they have in reserve!

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
They be ATE two piece bells and rotors!

Can also get the Powerdisc in 312mm, which is what Maz had fitted previously.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
No they are 326x30mm. The calipers are bigger than the brembo caliper, certainly much longer and about 3mm wider.