Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I was going to say "i hope so" but i am now going to say "they better"...

I have got a case though, cool white and warm white is not yellow. They look like standard room lights.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
LED Conversion in progress

I was busy on Saturday polishing the car ready for the AMD Rolling Road. Once Slick and I finished the cars we started on the LEDs

Here is what I done so far. Quite pleased with the colour match of the interior.

My camera didn't catch the light very well, got to play with the settings to take some better pictures. The light output of these are awesome

LEDInterior1.JPG

LEDInterior2.JPG

LEDInterior3.JPG

LEDInterior4.JPG

LEDInterior5.JPG

I am working with a company I sources the LEDs from to make a Leon conversion package for a very good price. Stay tuned for that :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
AMD Essex RR

Here my results from the RR. I am quite pleased but I am looking to improve this figure (especially the torque curve) with a few good chosen mods.

AmDEssexRR.JPG

AMDRR185.jpg

185BHP / 311lb/ft :)

Last edited:

brad1

car looks so much better in person, loving the big brakes plus the exahust :p nice work mate

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers Rik.

Update: Finally figured out how to take off the sunvisor lights (with help of Slick over the phone) and it needs a 39mm festoon. I recieved today a 39mm festoon from JP_Warden with 18LEDs which is too bright for the sunvisor light. It also isnt as good quality or as natural white as the others so going to re-order what I did before.

Update2: Order two 39mm festoons for sunvisors and received the rear passenger roof lights today.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Some pictures of the Interior illuminated by the LEDs and the bright sunvisor light vs the stock light. Quite a bit of difference as you can see :D

LEDInterior6.jpg

LEDInterior7.jpg

Last edited:

THFC

Yiddo 4 life
Apr 14, 2008
Gloucester
Interior Lights look far better

Which ones did you order in the end?

As i see you sent alot back as not suitable.

Cheers

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers.

I sent UltraLEDs.co.uk lights back because they were quite unhelpful to what I was trying to do. In the end I got a batch from ShinyAutos who are superb. I am working with them currently on a full Leon conversion kit pending me finishing mine. This will mean SCN users will be able to buy the whole kit at a discount price and not have to worry whether they got the right size/led etc...This should be available in next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

THFC

Yiddo 4 life
Apr 14, 2008
Gloucester
Jonjay

This is a great idea

I would be up for this, the lights look great.

Only problems i see, which you seem to have sorted is finding a quality unit at a decent price.

Lots of threads on here mention faulty or poor led's.

THFC

Yiddo 4 life
Apr 14, 2008
Gloucester
Just visited the website, seen the kits for other makes of vehicles.

Looks good. Exterior led number plate bulbs would be good.

If they also offered SCN members a discount on HID conversion kits if there was enough members that would be very tempting.

All i want is decent stuff that works, at a decent price.

Great Post

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Looks smart that Maz - just watch out for the rear plate lights .... they can be a little tempramental to weather. I'm considering running normal filament bulbs during the winter tbh. Those sunvisor lights make a lot of difference though.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Mine have been ok even with all this rain and cold weather but time will tell!

Both sunvisors have now been done so all LEDs are uniform. Just got the rear passenger lights left, which i need to speak to you about it this coming Wednesday.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Umm depends where you order from.

The company i got mine from the LEDs are very high quality (just as good as ultraleds.co.uk) in mu opinion. JP_Warden does a good range of LEDs but are known to fail. If you buy from a reputable company they will last.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise