Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Cheers jonjay.

I was chatting to Damian from DPM last night. According to my calculations I need 41.7mm long bolts (15mm spacers going on).

Damian said i'd be better going for the 41mm instead of the 45mm long ones. If thats the case I need part no. #28025

28025 M14 x 1,5 R12 41,0 mm 17 mm

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers jonjay.

I was chatting to Damian from DPM last night. According to my calculations I need 41.7mm long bolts (15mm spacers going on).

Damian said i'd be better going for the 41mm instead of the 45mm long ones. If thats the case I need part no. #28025

28025 M14 x 1,5 R12 41,0 mm 17 mm
Well go for what they suggest tbh.

Have you already bought the spacers?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Twin Cold Air Feeds

Right, been talking to various people about implementing a twin cold air feed system. After seeing the success it had on probee's LCR I thought I'd be the first on the diesel side to try it first.

I kept the 4" feed and got some plumbing parts courtasy of B&Q to get a secondary 3" feed off it. The Cupra bumper is quite restrictive in space so as you can imagine routing was quite difficult (pictures will follow). I enlisted the help of AmD to get the car up on their ramps so work can be done underneath the car. The 3" feed is run in and along the front bumper to the drivers side lower grill so it can suck cold air in.

Initial thoughts on this twin system...car is much more throatier under acceleration. As for performance gains, well, at this stage I wont say there are any gains. 3 people have driven the car since and all said it much more torquer which is my gut feeling. 2nd and third gear now pull much more strongly, even better than when I done the cold feed initially...

HOWEVER I am getting the car rolling roaded tomorrow to see if there really are any improvements bar sound...watch this space.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Twin Cold Air Feed pics and performance results

Here is the position of the second cold air feed. Currently secured by a few clips...When I get more time I will create a proper scoop for it to make it look nice.

twincoldair1.jpg

The pipe had to be slightly squashed to fit under the gearbox cold air feeds. Tight fit but worked pretty well :)

twincoldair2.jpg

The car was rolling roaded yesterday. Comparing the lowest of the my runs at the last AmD meet and the lowest of the 2 runs yesterday I got a 2-3BHP gain with few extra lb/ft of torque. On the road you can definitely feed the extra throttle response and pull. I am not talking massive differences but I am glad I have done it in the end.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members