Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Almost forgot. Shiney airbox and battery cover :)

BattAirPianoBlk.jpg

Like your style! ;)

Looking good buddy! :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
June 28th
----
Wishbone bushes front and rear are being changed. Should tighten the steering up and nearly complete the handling of the car. Just waiting on my rear strut brace.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Easier than I thought, didnt need to use the AG engine cleaner...Just loads of baby wipes and trim detailer.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Update

Just when I thought I wouldn't spend any more money on the car and cool it for a bit I get sucked right back in!

- Engine cover has now been professionally painted Piano black to match battery cover and airbox cover. Pictures to follow next week.

- Centre Console has been professionally reprayed in Platinum gray as I wasnt happy with my effort.

- Superflex bushes on the front wishbone with a 1 degree negative camber and rear superflex wishbone bushes. Car is now nice and tight on the front. Turn in/responsiveness has greatly been improved. Definitely feel that the front of the car has more grip OR i been thinking that it might just be that the car is giving me more feedback with whats its doing on the road.

- Powerflex Rear beam bushes installed and I cannot stress how important these bushes are! When going round a corners the OEM bushes are just not strong enough (even with all the suspension mods) to cope with corners at speed...the rear wheels are all over the place with the OEM bushes. The powerflex ones stop this movement from happening and as a result the rear is much more responsive to what the car is doing. The rear now hugs the road and you can noticeably go quicker round a bend.

- Rear Strut brace which was purchased in the recent SCN group buy is now installed. Havent really tried the car with it off yet to see the different but I am pretty sure its adding something.

I know its quite easy to say that certain mods are worth it and others not. I am always the type of person who things every little bit helps and I am so glad that I have gone for the "change everything" approach regardless of the placibo effect :)lol: rodger). I really do feel that now the bushes are installed its like all the handling mods have glued together and working as it should. Before I was always left feeling in the back of my mind something was missing but now with the bushes the car is complete and ready for track days. :)

As above pictures will follow when I am back from Ibiza next week.

Last edited:

strugers1

maz i hate you i going to steal them at scn in july me an brad going to mug your car keys lol
seriously nice i want that done for sure looks ace

brad1

maz i hate you i going to steal them at scn in july me an brad going to mug your car keys lol
seriously nice i want that done for sure looks ace

im with you on that one mate, but i agree, looks the mutts nuts, cant wait to see in the flesh;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Pictures from AmD RR day and graph from rolling road results soon.

I got 192 BHP & 304 LB FT. I was pretty pleased with the result as I previously got 186 after the twin cold air feed however that was after 25 plus cars had run on the rolliers so the RR room was very very hot. This time is was done in the morning and was much cooler. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.