Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You getting your clutch done soon as well Maz?
Only if it starts to go. I realise I will be missing out on the deal they have at the moment but just haven't got the funds. I think I will be going single mass as well....

strugers1

let me know what gains you get jonjay i been saving the pennies spending time again maybe???

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Coming soon
----
I am making various improvements to systems I already got. All will be relieved soon :)

TCPU.jpg

MF.jpg

BU90.jpg

roundgill-bown-large.jpg

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I know i bang on about this a lot, but they are one of the best companies i've dealt with to date - Anthony has been spot on from start to finish. Best of all, it's a UK firm who build their products IN the UK :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Update: Boost Leak
-----
I didn't get the exhaust installed on Saturday however I did get the SFS FMIC outlet pipe installed. Unfortunately the seals of the existing piping is knackered and subsequently there is a boost leak. You can here the hissing when you rev the engine but not when windows re up. If you accelerate hard its definitely there as there is a drop in power in 4th and 5th.

I should be booked in this Wednesday to get it sorted, hopefully the exhaust will go on too.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Milltek System and Boost Leak
-----

Milltek system now fitted! FINALLY :D

We had a bit of trouble getting everything to fit onto the existing bits of my exhaust system as it was custom done by Pipecraft in Basildon a couple of years ago. Steven (head engineer at AmD) was a true star and managed to get everything to fit pretty well.

We tested 3 systems. Just the DP, DP with centre silencer and DP with backbox. The DP on its own was just too noisy. The "wooooo" noise was just so loud and uncontrollable even when poodling along. Yes it sounds good at the beginning but when you put your pedal to the floor it sounded like a jet engine taking off. I decided straight away against this as it would have definitely attracted unwanted attend from the general public and police!

DP and backbox is a pretty good setup, good gains and sound is more petrol like but idle is just not burblie enough for me although for others it may be fine.

DP with Silencer compared to the DP and Backbox option is what I prefered and was the more free flowing option. The burble was lower and woooo noise was retained. Milltek will be developing a pipe with tip to join onto the silencer, at the moment it is connecting to the piping done my Pipecraft.

Sound Results
Much lower in tone on idle, with more of a burble. When moving the roar comes in later at 2.5k instead of 2k revs. I was told my people who heard me on the move that it sounds much more like a petrol car than just a loud exhaust. The best thing about the whole system is that I have retained the "woooooooo" noise :D The woooooo noise definitely is not as prominent as before. I would call the "woooo" noise much more civilised than before. I am not sure whether I prefer this noise to the old one but I am just happy that it has completely gone.

Performance
Well, there is a definite performance gain to be had with this system. I did not do a rolling road as we didn't have time however on the test runs there is much much stronger pull in gear especially in 4th and 5th. Turbo spool up is more instantaneous and the power tails of 200rpm or so later. Summary, much more eager and more torque for sure!

Boost Leak
-----

Boost leak was fixed with new seals and clips, I am glad to know that the car is now running with no leaks what so ever. SFS FMIC hose kit can now only improve things further.

Sorry for lack of pictures, was quite an exhausting day. Hopefully in coming weeks I should have something.

Last edited:

scottym

Diesel Powered
Sep 19, 2007
Ashford, KENT
Jonjay, I like the sound of what you have had fitted, I have always been a fan of milltek stuff(had it on previous cars) could you PM me with the costs?

Scott

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Jonjay, I like the sound of what you have had fitted, I have always been a fan of milltek stuff(had it on previous cars) could you PM me with the costs?

Scott
I havent got the complete costs of the system mate but I will do soon. :)

Just have to get some bits finalised with AmD/Milltek and the group buy started.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise