Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Detail I done a few weeks ago now for lm_gauci

ibcupraresult5.jpg

Here is a link to the detail thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194346

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
SFS TIP and FMIC Kit
-----
Well the SFS arrived on time however instead of coming in RED they came in BLUE. SFS will now be sending me free of charge a blue pipe no.4 so everything matches. I must admit I was ready to explode in a fit a rage at SFS as people who know the history of me purchasing things and being sent the wrong part would understand! I settled for blue as it looked nicer than I had see from pictures and it is easier to keep clean (hides dirt better).

Anyway as promised here are the comparison pictures of the SFS kit to the OE kit. As you can see the SFS kit is quite a bit thicker and does not reduce like the OE stuff. Furthermore the fixings for the SFS kit are very good, they are ribbed so the likely good of a pipe coming of is small.

IMAGE_083.jpg

IMAGE_086.jpg

IMAGE_087.jpg

IMAGE_088.jpg

IMAGE_090.jpg

IMAGE_091.jpg

IMAGE_092.jpg

IMAGE_093.jpg

Problems with the kit I noticed is that as they are much thicker you do have to cable tie certain hoses away from fans and places that generate heat. There is no consideration for the vacuum tank that you take off either. Also the jubilee clip for the TIP is just not big enough.

Here is the kit in the car. Looks quite nice with the other painted bits.

IMAGE_096.jpg

IMAGE_097.jpg

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Looks good Maz!

Any idea how much AMD would charge to fit that lot?

What were the figures like on the rollers?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Picture of car in AmD rolling road.

IMAGE_098.jpg

Here is is without the engine cover.

SFSFMICkit.jpg

Here is the rolling road graph. Blue is the SFS kit line, RED is the old line. The lower blue lines is the power at the wheels and this is the same with the red.

Old results
303.4 lb/ft @ 2628
191.8BHP @ 4284

New results
313.4 lb/ft @ 2797
193.6BHP @ 4182

RR5_SFSKit.jpg

I think the important thing to note in regards to the numbers are not that the increases are smaller than expected however the way the power is consistent across the whole rev range. It pulls strongly now to 5k compared to the old graph which drops sharply at 4.5k. The actually feel of the car is insane...the torque comes in real strong and just stays there. Also what must be noted is the rolling road was done the next day, I can expect more adaptation over the next day or two which may yield for increases. AmD may develop another map to take into consideration the extras I have on the car to bring it closure to the 200 mark if that is possible. To be honest I am happy with the way it is now so will only trial a map that is safe for the turbo.

I can now hear my twin cold air feed really working and sucking even more air in than before, this must be because of the new put that is much less restrictive than the OE one. The whole smoothness and sound of the car has changed. I got various comments that it sounds very petrol like and the roar is alot deeper inside and outside. Another thing I have noticed is that the turbo lag feels like it has disappeared like it is always on boost, the car is very responsive and could be argued that in some ways less manic than the "no boost no boost..BOOOOST ON" nature of the car before.

Last edited:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Sounds like another worthwhile mod then!

And I actually think the blue looks good. I will still be going for red though :p

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Looks really good Maz.

Learn from my mistake though and slide this bit of metal further towards the fuel filter. Otherwise it will rub the silicon away.

SFSFMICkit.jpg

strugers1

remembner saying CHAVVY BLUE?? lol looks good
you got the same power as me now lol i still have more otrque lol got to rub it in lol

brad1

FROM KARL:- 3 words. VALUE FOR MONEY ;) (ps 150unit here tommorow) lol

Last edited by a moderator:

brad1

bloody hell maz, you even get your power and torque round the wrong way, didnt know AmD was that good to get 313ftlb at 4182 rpm ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.