Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
FUTURE PLANS
----
Thought I'd better update my future plans with the car as things have come ahead of schedule.

- Wingnut Mod is now back on. This is now definitely need to stop the manifold getting soot build up in there with the big turbo. The CEL will be mapped out with the custom remap for the Big Turbo.

- Piper exhaust tip.

- LCR Vents. The centre ones are damaged so they will not be going in the car until I either get replacement.

- LCR External B-Pillars. Basically sitting in my cupboard and this is definitely a summer job. MDS has given me some great advise on fitting however I will probably enlisted the skills of Slick with this.

- Oil and Boost gauge. Slick has pulled the rabbit out of the hat with this. Should be installed end of February start of March. Something unique I hope :)

- Paint rear calipers red. This HOPEFULLY will be done before AmD rolling road. I am detailing Slicks car in February so he can do the calipers whilst I machine his car. :D

- Refurb spare LCR wheel. This will be done in March and the wheel well will be carpeted so the alloy doesn't get scratched.

- I will be doing a 2-3 stage detail on my car probably week before 22nd. I will be taking 2 days off work to do this.

- Toy with the idea to debadge the rear further and leave just the TDI? Opinions on this?

Last edited:

brad1

Yes but you wont need to do that as Forge are fitting your FMIC so a lot of that stuff will/should be included?

forge are only connecting onto the existing cr@ppy plastic pipes, so they still got to be replaced, but forge have back dated me till the end of april now which is rather annoying, so thinking of buying a allards one instead:shrug:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Phase 4
Turbo is now installed, new oil filter being install as I type this.

Custom map being written and should be ready for trial by end of today :)

I feel like a little kid with loads of chocolates. :lol:

brad1

Phase 4
Turbo is now installed, new oil filter being install as I type this.

Custom map being written and should be ready for trial by end of today :)

I feel like a little kid with loads of chocolates. :lol:

wicked mate, glad its all coming together for you, you deserve it with the amount of stuff thats been going the past few weeks, and also a big thanks to AmD sounds in order lol

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Phase 5 - Car ready
-----
Map is being tweaked but should be picking her up tomorrow. RR will be done tomorrow too :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Big Turbo Platinum Leon FR TDI
-----

Judgement day started on the 24th January 2009. I arrived at AmD not sure whether to be happy that I was getting a big turbo and a potentially very fast car or whether I was going to walk into new problems with the car.

At first I didn't recognise the car. For those who know the car and me well would never have seen my car so dirty. It was obvious the car has undergone some thorough testing this last month and a bit and the "bruises were showing". Kenny@AmD stated that they currently have a map on there that is producing around 220BHP and around 310lb/ft of torque. He threw me the keys and said "take it for a spin and let me know what you think".

"Trial" Map impression: The only way or word to describe the how the car felt when i first took it out is BALLISTIC. I gently eased the car from 1st gear to second gear and planted my foot down. The wheels just lit up ferociously whilst I battled with the TCS and diff trying to sort out the traction. Once traction was sorted I got an almighty thump as the turbo fully spooled up at 2500rpm. 3rd and fourth gear was frightening to say the least. I didn’t at this point push the car to hard as it was a trial/testing map and pretty smokey map at that.

Reporting back to Kenny stating it was pretty fast he said. Good....now wait till I get another 20 BHP and 40lb ft torque more...it’s going to be an animal. There was a pretty long wait for the adjusted code to come through however it was worth the wait. Kenny uploaded the new code into the car and we set off. Words can’t describe how fast the car felt with the new code. Boost was much higher than on the trial map - the in gear performance is nothing short of blistering. Traction control was off this time so the differential could work its magic. At times both wheels where just spinning from the shear torque.

The car was on the dyno for the last time. Map was strong; smoke was much less although it still smoked because there was oil in the exhaust system from before.
The result 224BHP and 381 lb/ft of torque :D

I was told that the car will adapt over the next couple of days. Kenny was pretty confident I would see a solid 235BHP and 390 lb/ft. I am due to go back next Saturday for another RR. If the car is still showing the same figures another map will go in development. :D

My first impression: I can’t wait till tomorrow. My driving style will now have to change as the turbo doesn’t fully spool up with foot right down on the floor till 2500RPM then all hell breaks loose to 5k. On partial throttle and half throttle the car behaves beautifully. Turbo is very responsive and the power delivery is very very smooth. In fact I would say the AmD Custom map is a much better map than the Stage 1.

Further impressions are due tomorrow. I got to get her clean now! :)

Last edited:

T. Spark

Happy then :)

I ran almost the exact same figure with my car mate, and again was told once a few tanks of diesel had gone in, and it was used to the map, it would be a tad more.

Glad your happy :)

brad1

maz took me out in it, and oh my god, she flies, i love it, want to sell her to me maz :whistle: glad she is all sorted mate ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.