Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers guys :)

Brad and Ben - glad you think its good. Always good when other people think the same. Your ones a beast to Ben...easy 300bhp now tbh.

B3LSY

cheers maz nice to know someone else thinks its fast,it get quicker every week now its adapted an enigne is broken in cant wait for the rolling road an sensor being done

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Wooo maz thats a HELLL of alot of power.. You defo need to let that loose at pod :)

Cant w8 for the MK meet. you will be using alot fo dieles taking people out :)

brad1

Cheers guys :)

Brad and Ben - glad you think its good. Always good when other people think the same. Your ones a beast to Ben...easy 300bhp now tbh.

indeed, its impressive, its a massive difference from just a map, its like a whole new level and the car is a beast :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Big Turbo Impressions #Day 2
-----
Took the car out for a 30 minute drive tonight. I couldn't really give the car a comprehensive test as its been raining all day so safety is paramount. However it feels like I gained another 10bhp and shed loads more torque! It feels so much stronger than yesterday that I had to stop accelerating as it was getting a little to quick for the conditions and me tbh. Gut wrenching is the term I would use. To think that the turbo has another 30BHP in reserve just amazes me.

Only criticism I have is that i have to change my driving style for sure. The 150PD turbo spools up really quick so you get more of an initial punch lower down. With the TD2 you get a punch on half throttle however if you put your foot right down you accelerate then all hells brakes lose higher up the rev range. I can imagine in dryer conditions on a bendy a and b road you have to work the gears to keep it in the sweet zone...I don't think its a drawback just requires more of an understanding of how the power comes in which I haven't got yet. In fact its good the power doesnt come so low down because diff or not the rubber would perish.

Last edited:

B3LSY

join the club maz mine does the same higher up the rev range just explodes lol

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Smoke wise its better than the stage 1 was. I had oil in the exhaust so it was smokey yesterday but today its been great. I must say though the initial puff of smoke is more than before but less once going.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
FUTURE PLANS
----

- Wingnut Mod is now back on. This is now definitely need to stop the manifold getting soot build up in there with the big turbo. The CEL will be mapped out with the custom remap for the Big Turbo.

- LCR External B-Pillars. Basically sitting in my cupboard and this is definitely a summer job. MDS has given me some great advise on fitting however I will probably enlisted the skills of Slick with this.

- Oil and Boost gauge. Slick has pulled the rabbit out of the hat with this. Should be installed end of February start of March. Something unique I hope :)

- Paint rear calipers red. This HOPEFULLY will be done before AmD rolling road. I am detailing Slicks car in February so he can do the calipers whilst I machine his car. :D

Sounds like a busy few months for me there!! :blink:

Well got to do something while I save up for my Stage 2....:rolleyes:

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Sounding good Maz, really hoping its still all good for the SCN meet next wed! You have to take me for a spin.. The torque figures are truly staggering!!

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
jesus maz thats a lot of torque....

when things have calmed down and youve taken everyone out we'll have to go and see what it feels like

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex

when things have calmed down and youve taken everyone out we'll have to go and see what it feels like
I know Aaron its a little gut wrenching at first as you just dont expect it. Of course you can take her out :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Sounds like a busy few months for me there!! :blink:

Well got to do something while I save up for my Stage 2....:rolleyes:
Of course! When you popping round we got a LOT to talk about!? :)

Sounding good Maz, really hoping its still all good for the SCN meet next wed! You have to take me for a spin.. The torque figures are truly staggering!!
No problimo Nick.

T. Spark

Dont want to worry you either, but I almost have the same spec on my Ibiza (slightly lighter mind!) and also ran a 13.83 1/4 time earlier this year, so watch out these diesels are pretty nippy :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.