Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

strugers1

i get judder at 1500rpm on full throttle at the moment but i ont worry about it t much so i just change own so i hover ner the 2k rpm so it saves the DMF i guess ill just have to rev the car a bit more with the hybrid as it will kill my DMF and i cant afford another one lol
not yet anyway
you worried me with your text mate but i think abuse of the clutch system will definately show with the hybrid so i guess its more reason to look after it and slowly lower my foot to the metal not plant it

brad1

i get judder at 1500rpm on full throttle at the moment but i ont worry about it t much so i just change own so i hover ner the 2k rpm so it saves the DMF i guess ill just have to rev the car a bit more with the hybrid as it will kill my DMF and i cant afford another one lol
not yet anyway
you worried me with your text mate but i think abuse of the clutch system will definately show with the hybrid so i guess its more reason to look after it and slowly lower my foot to the metal not plant it

we will see if it holds up on the way back from p-torque haha

strugers1

Why on earth would you use full throttle at 1500rpm in anything other than 1st or 2nd gear - anything other than that will destroy the DMF :)

exactly my point lol i did it cos i was young lol now i grown up :lol:
i will just see where the torque is where it spools and drive it accoringly, and see what happens i got a house fund so if poo hit the fan i could get a SMF anyway but only if needs be...
drive sensible karl drive sensible karl lol

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Maz - start using the gears a bit more and accept that you can't bowl around on the torque in the higher gears until your new toy is fully awake :)
Your quite right, I just have to work the gears more and adapt to the way the power comes in.

not yet anyway
I just wanted to let you know because I got this image of you destroying your clutch trying to go full pelt at 1200rpm and racing clio's :lol:

strugers1

lol just scared me a bit but thanks for the heads up mate ill just use the gears more like driving a civic type rubbish lol

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
awesome looking motor mate, planning in keeping my fr tdi a long time but no sure if stage 3 is a good idea in the long term so was interesting reading through the thread

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
jonjay, i have the exact same problem ,only mine is with original turbo, garages i have spoke to have said its the clutch not being able to handle the torque after i had it remapped? who knows? anyway just thought i'd stick my nose in.
Yea the clutch is the weak point on TDI's so you probably need an uprated one.

awesome looking motor mate, planning in keeping my fr tdi a long time but no sure if stage 3 is a good idea in the long term so was interesting reading through the thread
thank you. Dont be put of by it, it is possible to have a reliable tuned car.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Yea the clutch is the weak point on TDI's so you probably need an uprated one.

thank you. Dont be put of by it, it is possible to have a reliable tuned car.

we shall see lol it will be finance dictated, first i am going to get some small cosmetic changes done such as wipers and aerial

then exhaust and probably a stage 1 remap, thats likely to be it short of a lottery win apart from arb's and strut brace as well

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Rear Brakes
----

Rear brakes now done FINALLY! Special thanks to DK! :thumbup:

rearbrakes1.JPG

rearbrakes2.JPG

rearbrakes3.JPG

And some pictures of the car at AmD today.

AmDDKstyle1.JPG

AmDDKstyle2.JPG

Clutch Judder Update
----

It seems its not clutch judder at all. Its basically the engine labouring too much due to the fuelling low down in the rev range in 5th and 6th.

The map will now be tweaked to fix this, hopefully should mean no loss in power. Also Shaun kindly said they will be developing another map for the car by a new mapper who is hot on diesel tuning :D

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Do the rears brakes smell much maz or are they Ok ???

My car was looking wicked untill it rained but it is beeding up nicely.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Looking good Maz. On a different note thanks for popping over and saying hi you g!ts:lol:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Do the rears brakes smell much maz or are they Ok ???

My car was looking wicked untill it rained but it is beeding up nicely.
haha I knew you would like the picture :lol:

Nah they don't smell not one bit DK. Glad its beading up nice. Look forward to the detail in March :)

Looking good Maz. On a different note thanks for popping over and saying hi you g!ts:lol:
How rude of me :)

Will pop over on Saturday mate.

strugers1

NICE maz looking smart, i was going to paint my brakes blue today but the poxy weather stopped that
maybe mine is the same problem maz as i only get it at 1500 rpm??

B3LSY

maz were have to get some to pull it out the way a lorry of something

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members