Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks for feedback guys. I am going ahead with the new map and the car should be going in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they can resolve the issues and get even more out of the turbo.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
looking good maz!
mine is being dry stored as i emigrate to the states in a matter of weeks!
keeping it in case i come back, if not ill sell it from a far

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
looking good maz!
Blimey Rik where you been? :) Hope it all works out for matey!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
maz, how is rog's motor going?
does he still have it, last time i spoke to him he was getting rid i recall

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
looking good maz!
Rogers fine just got off the phone to him. He is keeping her nw and going big turbo this year too :)

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
thanks , will get the clutch sorted soon , i thought that the clutch wont last a great deal and if SMF was fitted only the clutch needed doing next time, where as DMF needed doing next time anyway , (or if dmf fitted if started to slip could i change the friction plate and catch it before destroying anything else ??)

as for the SFS is that all you have , ?

do you have the part numbers for them , i got sent a list from anthony decaux for all of them , so unsure which ones tali up to your suggestions

i also waiting for jabbasport to sort me out with a race pipe , once thats sorted i definatly need to get some pipework ordered

did you manage to sort something out with a led kit for the leon after ,

i notice yours has visor lights , dont recall mine having that is it just the newer ones i got me a 53 plate one

cheers & keep up the good work

andrew

any answers/suggestions on the above ? cheers

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
thanks , will get the clutch sorted soon , i thought that the clutch wont last a great deal and if SMF was fitted only the clutch needed doing next time, where as DMF needed doing next time anyway , (or if dmf fitted if started to slip could i change the friction plate and catch it before destroying anything else ??)
I wouldnt mess around with things like a clutch. A DMF and full sachs clutch is the option I would go about it. If you dont mind the noise of a SMF then go for it as it will be stronger and lighter than a DMF.

as for the SFS is that all you have , ?
I have all the SFS kit

do you have the part numbers for them , i got sent a list from anthony decaux for all of them , so unsure which ones tali up to your suggestions

Sorry I dont :( E-mail anthony back and send him a copy of the diagram of the piping from tdi tuning section saying you want FMIC kit, Pipe no4 and TIP

i also waiting for jabbasport to sort me out with a race pipe , once thats sorted i definatly need to get some pipework ordered
Read up on runaway's and wingnut mod

did you manage to sort something out with a led kit for the leon after ,
I done the whole kit for me and slick. Unfortunately the guy never got back to me for a special deal for SCN :(

i notice yours has visor lights , dont recall mine having that is it just the newer ones i got me a 53 plate one

Some of the older Leons dont have those. For example Unclefester hasnt got them and he has 04 plate???

cheers & keep up the good work
Cheers :thumbup:

andrew
Hope this helps!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Over past week I have managed to finally detail my car and ready in time for Sundays AmD RR.

I am a little bit annoyed as I had loads of pictures but they all came out poor. Here are the best three.

jonjay2stage1.jpg

jonjay2stage2.jpg

jonjay2stage3.jpg

strugers1

very nice matey gutted i cant come tomorrow
would love to put the car on the rr again feels like i got my power back pulls very hard i can still feel it pull coming up to 5k

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Some pictures from AmD Feb 09 Rolling Road.

22022009AmDRRDay1.jpg

22022009AmDRRDay2.jpg

22022009AmDRRDay3.jpg

22022009AmDRRDay4.jpg

Not much to report on RR results as they are similar to previous ones :) I took a few people out in the car to show them what it could do. The dip in the RR graph certainly isn't present on the road so its a baffling one indeedy.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.