Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
LOL @ Video

Did some one shout and we just didnt hear?

"Stand clear shes going blow..." POOF A CLOUD OF SMOKE

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Ollie (camera man on the floor) owns a diesel too, so he knew what was coming once they put their foot down! lol
Jonjay how ever like a thin coating of soot on his face it seems, as he doesnt move a foot with camera in hand, harden TDI owner!! lol

turbo4ni

Really like these motors. LCR wheels rule though, FR wheels don't do anything for them.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Ollie (camera man on the floor) owns a diesel too, so he knew what was coming once they put their foot down! lol
Jonjay how ever like a thin coating of soot on his face it seems, as he doesnt move a foot with camera in hand, harden TDI owner!! lol
Ollie didnt go!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
28th Feb 2009
-----

Got Orca booked in tomorrow for a full paint correction detail on his Ovni Ibiza Mk4. Should be fun to see what my polishes can do for the yellow beeza. Full write up will follow Saturday night or Sunday.

6th March 2009
-----

Car booked in for Service, MOT and more mapping :D Apparently AmD have got a new hot deisel tuner ready to be let loose on the car so cant wait.

I also got the opportunity to give a full detail to one of the AmD Race cars. If the race cars are being work on Shaun's Black Octavia VRS will get the paint correction treatment.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I had the opportunity to do a full paint correction on a MK4 Ibiza FR. The owner was a very cool cool guy and the car was awesome. SmartNav demonstration Orca showed me was so impressive so definately going to get SmartNav summer time.

OrcaFinale2.JPG

Full details of the correction can be found here:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209622

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Update
----

Car has been serviced. The vibration problem I been having threw steering column isnt half as bad it used to be albeit slightly there still. This was because the power steering fluid was a little low so with new fluid the steering is nice a weighted again and vibration has almost gone.

Twin cold air feed has gone. Found that it was sucking up water and somehow restricting the volume of air getting the car. Taken it off and left the 4" CAI - car runs much smoother now. The induction sound is much more audible and the pickup is much smoother.

No new map.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
New Map + SFS Hoses problems
-----

Right got the new map on the car today - big thanks to Kenny@AmD for the map. It has sorted the juddering problem in 5th/6th. The new map is much smoother than the older map however I have lost a little bit of torque but gained BHP. The current problem with mapping my car is the SFS hoses are just not up to the task of a big turbo running the boost levels I am currently. They basically swell up massively under boost which causes lag and the car cant efficiently control the boost levels. This overall is why i have that huge dip in my graph and why my torque figures vary from 355-380lb/ft.

The ecu still got to adapt now for the next couple of days so I should see somewhere in the region of 226-228BHP and 360lb/ft as its a "conservative map" at the moment. The car responded very well on my favourite A road so will see how she goes tomorrow as a comparison.

I am going to contact SFS on Monday morning and speak about the piping. I am aiming for aluminium piping for the majority of the system. Once that has been sorted the car will go back for a more aggressive map as the boost will be much more controllable.

Finally the dash rattles came from the SFS pipes moving around. They have been cable tide away and the car has no rattles at all. Makes the ride so much more enjoyable. :D :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Just an idea but could you not go to a custom exhaust center and get them to make the tubeing from Stainless steel, You could then have them polished

brad1

my vibration was down to my new custom boost hose vibrating on the power steering fluid bottle while on idle, with a bit of sponge, the problem is sorted :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just an idea but could you not go to a custom exhaust center and get them to make the tubeing from Stainless steel, You could then have them polished
Already on the case. Spoke to Phil you used to work next door to AmD who started his own tuning garage in Surrey. If I don't have any luck with SFS he will fabricate me a system. He is definitely **** hot on tuning side of things so I should be in safe hands.

my vibration was down to my new custom boost hose vibrating on the power steering fluid bottle while on idle, with a bit of sponge, the problem is sorted :D
My one is totally cured now. Driving around today was great as I was taking it easy and no noises to annoy me.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I think if you stick stainless tubing in place of the SFS stuff all you'll do is transfer the problem to the next weakest part which will be the IC end caps and they'll blow off.
I cant just leave as it is as its causing lag that shouldnt be there. If you driving normally and need to put your footdown its not good.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
That's just weird cos i'm not getting that effect at all - mine seems smoother and a lot less jerky.
Yes same here when I had stage 1 but since big turbo they are swelling massively. It definitely the pipes without a doubt as once they have expanded there is no lag.

brad1

what about a kit being made up like the allards one?? all stainless pipes, anybody like forge thought about making a so called like twintercooler like the mk2 leon cupra etc with metal pipes?? just a thought