Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Pat, I think your normally informative on many things and a good help in many things, but i read your replies to be almost targetted and aggressive towards Maz problems with SFS?

Hi Roger,

As i said later to Maz on msn ... it wasn't mean to come over as personal which admittedly it does look that way.

However SFS & Maz issues aside, all of this is still very much 'development' work and should be treated as such - i expect teething problems at every step and i've had my share of them too. All i can promise ( as i've said to Maz) is that as i sort out these issues and get things like pipe lengths etc sorted i'll let people know.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Hi Roger,

As i said later to Maz on msn ... it wasn't mean to come over as personal which admittedly it does look that way.

However SFS & Maz issues aside, all of this is still very much 'development' work and should be treated as such - i expect teething problems at every step and i've had my share of them too. All i can promise ( as i've said to Maz) is that as i sort out these issues and get things like pipe lengths etc sorted i'll let people know.

No worries Pat, its the problem with reading forums can be seen in many lights...

Its certainly developement, that all of us have in different branches

costly to some and not to others :doh:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I assume that these are the stock SFS pipes? albeit reinforced and not metal ones with silly joiners.
Thats correct.

Wrong ones sent out???? Sounds like the old TD2 routine to me.

Well if it gets you sorted and keeps you happy, then that's got to be a result.
Well its a solution - if they make it strong enough and it does the job then yes I am happy.

:think:

I will await judgement
Yep got to wait and see what happens. Lee said he would call me today so will await the call.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
By the time you get around to any of this, all of this should be sorted so as you say, unlucky for some and lucky for others.

Very true, i think at the end, i will have a few things for you boys too.. one maintance on mounts bushes and diffs... i seem to be stressing every component at the moment, and finding weak links to share with all
;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thread was getting quite big so thought I'd make an index. Can be found on page one with the Mod list too.

INDEX
H&R Suspension
312mm Brake Upgrade
Fabia Rear Wiper
LCR Splitter
Pipecraft Exhaust
Audi TT Pedals
Eibach Anti Roll Bars
Audi S3 Lower Strut Brace
HIDs and LED side lights
Becker Head Unit
Grey Centre Console 1
Grey Centre Console Finished
Indicator Lights Upgrade
Indicator Lights Upgrade 2
Audi S3 Upper Strut Brace
AmD Stage 1 remap
Custom LCR Alloys
Custom LCR Alloys 2
ATE Big Brake Kit - 1
ATE Big Brake Kit - 2
ATE Big Brake Kit - 3
ATE Big Brake Kit - review
Full LED conversion
Full LED conversion 2
Full LED conversion 3
4" Cold Air Feed
4" Cold Air Feed 2
Painted Airbox and Battery Cover
Forge 10mm Spacers
Twin Cold Air Feed
Painted Engine Cover and clean engine bay
Rear Parcel Shelf, Net and Rear Strut Brace
Piano Black Centre Console
Bonnet Seal
Miltek Exhaust Review and SFS pipe no.4
Corsa Paint Correction Detail
Soundwaves LC Paint Correction Detail
LM_Gauci Ibiza Paint Correction Detail
SFS FMIC Pipework and TIP
SFS Pipework Results
DJM's LCR Paint Correction Detail
Force Catch Tank
FR Dead Pedal
Quaife ATB Diff and Sachs racing clutch
Sachs Clutch and Quaife ATB Diff - review
Detailing the Foam Lance
Dodo Juice Need for Speed
TurboDynamics MD376 Big Turbo Review
TurboDynamics MD376 Big Turbo Impressions
TurboDynamics MD376 Big Turbo Final Thoughts
Painted Rear Brakes
My Car Detailed Pictures
AmD RR Day pictures
Rolling Road video
Orca's OVNI FR Paint Correction Detail
Roscoe's Audi A3 Paint Correction Detail
GTI International Springfest 2009
EmDee's Camaro SS Paint Correction Detail

Last edited:

the_fbi

'05 Fabia vRS
Jun 14, 2004
Northamptonshire
Thread was getting quite big so thought I'd make an index. Can be found on page one with the Mod list too.
Great idea, except be better to use the post number, not the page number. As the number of posts/page is configurable in the user CP settings, so won't necessarily be the same for all users.
Post number will always be correct :)

moby_fr150

hi mate nice car, was wondering were u got the fr dead pedal and how much it cost!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Its back!
-----
Car is back from AmD. The OE pipes are on with the aid of SFS prototype clamp on the FMIC outlet.

The new map is on - car feels very strong and smooth and should feel better in the coming days once the ECU has adapted. Will write a full review of the map little later on today or tomorrow.

Apr 1, 2007
very nice car mate, what power is the car running now it has settled down?? and are you gonna be pushing for much more?? injectors, methanol etc??

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
So whats happening about the pipes ???
SFS are still making uprated ones. Just have to wait for them to be made. I'm in no rush now they can take as long as they need.

very nice car mate, what power is the car running now it has settled down?? and are you gonna be pushing for much more?? injectors, methanol etc??
Cheers mate. The car hasn't been RR with OE pipes and new map. I suspect the car is around 230 and 360-370lb/ft. I wont know till the weekend or in a couple of weeks time.

Apr 1, 2007
whats the most power you can push on the 1.9 (standard internals) with a TD2, looking at race injectors, methonal nitrous etc

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
whats the most power you can push on the 1.9 (standard internals) with a TD2, looking at race injectors, methonal nitrous etc
PD engine is quite strong. With race injectors and methonal your looking at 260 easily. Prepare for the car to smoke a bit with race injectors and possibly cam will wear also. TD2 turbo is good for 240-260.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
'New' AmD remap: Day #1
-----
I have driven the car for around an hour today with a mixture of town driving with some motorway and dual carriage way roads.

Can a remap be perfect? Its looking positive so far. In normal driving conditions without flooring the car its has powerful and purposeful delivery of power, definately much smoother than before. The torque is certainly back with vengeance! A nice wave of torque from as low as 2-2.2k rpm which is a massive improvement from the 2.5-3k before. As you all may recall, I had a conservative map put on when the SFS pipes were swelling to try and reduce the problem. The conservative map lowered the torque down but comparing the new map to the old...there is no comparison. Put your foot down in 3rd and 4th and the acceleration is relentless all the way to 4.5k. I would go as far to say that it feels more powerful that my original map which made 380lb/ft however my brain is telling me this could be because the OE boost pipes no swelling thus tricking my mind into thinking its faster? I will need some verification from my good friend Slick as he has driven my car quite a bit.

The juddering problem has disappeared which puts my mind at ease now. I'm glad its not the clutch or another major component and it was because of the pressure building up in the pipework.

Tomorrow I will be taking her out for a more spirited drive on some A and B roads to see how powerful the map really is. In summary for Day #1 - I am a very very happy boy! So much so I am not that bothered about getting the SFS hoses at the moment as I just want to enjoy the car. I will ease the pressure off and let them make them in their own time to get them right which is the right thing to do. I will report back tomorrow with my day 2 findings.

:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.