Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

brad1

Good news mate :) oh and thanks for mentioning my name, I might copyright that set up :p only joking :lol: All in all, a good day then? :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yea a good day in the end :)

I think the car could do with a battery reset just to clear everything and let it learn again.

strugers1

i searched up on ebay and the oler 1.8t golfs come with plastic, bit larger than your oem one

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The Leon Correctional Facility
-----

DSCF2084.jpg

Thread can be found here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2603869#post2603869

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
AmD Rolling Road Day run #4352 :lol:
-----

Some interesting results from the my RR session today. 247.7BHP and 347lb/ft.

Looking at the results factually, torque has dropped to 347lb/ft however peak torque now comes in 300rpm sooner and holds nicely all the way to 5k.

kenny@AmD immediately took the car out on a run to see what was happening on the road to see why the car has "dropped" overall peak figures from couple of months ago. He deduce that

1) I should have warmed up the car before the rolling road. Diesels like a little bit of heat in them hence why my 2nd run was stronger than my first. Also my best results have always been when the car is got some heat in her.
2) Twin cold air feed doesn't really do the car any favours in the dyno room. On the road you can feel all the extra benefits especially from 3-5k as the air is being forced into the car with the twin feeds. In the dyno room the air is limited so twin feeds work against the car

So what have I learn t today? Not to get too hung up on figures! The car definitely feel faster than the day i got my best ever results of 257.5bhp and 374lbft. Kenny certainly agrees the car is faster the results suggest. On the road performance is vastly superior with the twin feed for sure. Who knows...might get better figures on a bitterly cold day in an RR room?

Anyway new tyres soon! :)

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
AmD Rolling Road Day run #4352 :lol:
-----

Some interesting results from the my RR session today. 247.7BHP and 347lb/ft.

Looking at the results factually, torque has dropped to 347lb/ft however peak torque now comes in 300rpm sooner and holds nicely all the way to 5k.

kenny@AmD immediately took the car out on a run to see what was happening on the road to see why the car has "dropped" overall peak figures from couple of months ago. He deduce that

1) I should have warmed up the car before the rolling road. Diesels like a little bit of heat in them hence why my 2nd run was stronger than my first. Also my best results have always been when the car is got some heat in her.
2) Twin cold air feed doesn't really do the car any favours in the dyno room. On the road you can feel all the extra benefits especially from 3-5k as the air is being forced into the car with the twin feeds. In the dyno room the air is limited so twin feeds work against the car

So what have I learn t today? Not to get too hung up on figures! The car definitely feel faster than the day i got my best ever results of 257.5bhp and 374lbft. Kenny certainly agrees the car is faster the results suggest. On the road performance is vastly superior with the twin feed for sure. Who knows...might get better figures on a bitterly cold day in an RR room?

Anyway new tyres soon! :)

That is interesting to hear Maz. I know that Jim at Star Performance up here in Scotland will not run RR days in the summer due to the extra heat (I know I know...Scotland and heat..oxymoron right?) but hey may have a point though after seeing your results.
Alex

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london

Thats partly why I did'nt run mine today maz, I know it drives well, I dont need a graph to show it.

That is interesting to hear Maz. I know that Jim at Star Performance up here in Scotland will not run RR days in the summer due to the extra heat (I know I know...Scotland and heat..oxymoron right?) but hey may have a point though after seeing your results.
Alex

We saw this last year when we had the SCN Vs UKMKiv day, as the day went on the temp's went up and the figures droped

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members