Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
No problem mate just let me know when your ready.

Yea it will be a busy year next year. Not really got any specific figures in mind however I am looking to improve the power delivery and get the torque holding as much as possible through the rev range.

Watermeth kit is being sized up. Already got backing from kenny@amd to go ahead with this for next year - were not sure what gains are to be had but they are meant to be pretty impressive for deisels.

Sounds all good :D
Not sure what to do with mines next. Need new rear brake pads and it will be going in for its first MOT come April though.
Alex

brad1

Quick question matey, can you get some pics up of the pipes with the new lips :) love you long time ;)

gazzaharwood

hello mate any chance you can point me in the direction of all the sizes of poly bushes you have put in the front end of the leon as i am havineing trouble in what size bushes they are as the is a few diffrent sizes thanx much apprciated

gazzaharwood

whats diffrence i have just bought a powerflex dog bone thanx email asap cheers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Gazza, the Powerflex factory burned to the ground the other day so stocks will be very limited and restocking will take forever, best off looking towards superflex

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Below freezing detailing
-----
Yesterday i detailed a BMW...washing a car in below freezing conditions was interesting. Water was just freezing on contact with the car :lol:

Anyway here is a small preview shot to show fruits of my labour.

bmw530ipreview.jpg

pretty impressive 50/50 shot. Got to be one of the swirliest cars to date for sure.

Last edited:

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
That looks fantastic, really see the difference with the 50/50. I know what you mean with the freezing, my 'severe winter' screen wash mix is solid :( and at -10 this morning car washing is a big no no.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
That looks fantastic, really see the difference with the 50/50. I know what you mean with the freezing, my 'severe winter' screen wash mix is solid :( and at -10 this morning car washing is a big no no.
Cheers mate.

Writeup should be up tonight I hope.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Merry Christmas
-----

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Thank you to ALL the people who commented. I really appreciate the feedback you have given and especially the endless amount of encouragement and support. I realise that there are hundreds of amazing threads and projects you could be following so every one of you who follows my thread and participates, thank you for your time!

I also want to thank the people who have supported me and encourage me to solder on. First and foremost my best mate Slick, without him and his support the car just wouldnt be what it is today. I would also like to thank AmD Essex (kenny, Steve, Pat, ben, Nick, Luke, brad and Shaun!) for their amazing support and interest in the car and me, I made some amazing friends there. Massive thank you to DK, Probee, UncleFester, Skorchio.....dav3, lm_gauci, R44ms, brad1, Husbandofstinky + many many more people who are great friends to me (sorry if I forgot to mention you :) )

Also A MASSIVE THANK YOU to the people who believe in my abilities and got me to detail their car. Just speechless on this front, thank you. I really hope you enjoyed the detail as much as I did.

Thanks! :)

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Merry Christmas
-----

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Thank you to ALL the people who commented. I really appreciate the feedback you have given and especially the endless amount of encouragement and support. I realise that there are hundreds of amazing threads and projects you could be following so every one of you who follows my thread and participates, thank you for your time!

I also want to thank the people who have supported me and encourage me to solder on. First and foremost my best mate Slick, without him and his support the car just wouldnt be what it is today. I would also like to thank AmD Essex (kenny, Steve, Pat, ben, Nick, Luke, brad and Shaun!) for their amazing support and interest in the car and me, I made some amazing friends there. Massive thank you to DK, Probee, UncleFester, Skorchio.....dav3, lm_gauci, R44ms, brad1, Husbandofstinky + many many more people who are great friends to me (sorry if I forgot to mention you :) )

Also A MASSIVE THANK YOU to the people who believe in my abilities and got me to detail their car. Just speechless on this front, thank you. I really hope you enjoyed the detail as much as I did.

Thanks! :)

sounds like a merry merry speach :bleh: (drunk)

well its good to see others inspire others to do the work always a pleassure looking at your RR to see what youve done next :)

seem top notch on detailing - how much does it cost on average , cant see my driving up your end but to give an idea

also see youve got that pancake pipe delivered

hopw you dont mind me posting some pics up here to show you (can deleta afterwards if you want let me know )

one of the boys fabricated one up but unsure its gona work heres some pic of it

MonJan04193044GMT2010.jpg

MonJan04193036GMT2010.jpg

MonJan04193017GMT2010.jpg

cheers

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Much appreciated Andrew.

It will fit but the problem will be there is no bracket to hold it in place. This is essential as the weight of it will pull the Turbo outlet pipe onto the driveshaft like what happened to me with the SFS one. Shouldnt be hard making a bracket to hold it up.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
thats what my thoughts were , might cause some resistance against it like

also had my Graphs posted up by mark wales , from that Rolling road we all had in wales recently , cant understand why it dips a bit higher up the Rpm range ??

cheers

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
thats what my thoughts were , might cause some resistance against it like

also had my Graphs posted up by mark wales , from that Rolling road we all had in wales recently , cant understand why it dips a bit higher up the Rpm range ??

cheers

id take that with a pinch of salt mind. my second run on that day had more power at the wheels, yet less at the flywheel! also mine was run in 5th. My hybrid demands alot more are too, wasnt impressed with the hairdryer. last time I went there he used a larger fan also.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
2010 Has started.

Spare wheel has now been refurbished and ready to have a falken 912 or toyo t1r stuck on it. As it is only a spare might just go with the cheaper option.

DSCF253.jpg

Car is at hayward and scott for the week getting some work done. Quite excited about it so looking forward to showing you all whats been done next Saturday.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.