Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Update
-----
I got a sneak peak at my new exhaust today. Looking really good and a little different to the norm :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
UPDATE #2 - Car ready
-----

Been told car is ready. The H&S said this

"Yes i did and was very pleasantly surprised at well it pulled for a diesel. Still i would rather you tried before you go home as it is your car and you would drive it harder than i would ."

Quite pleasing reponse I must say so thumbs up so far.

crying_boy

Jan 8, 2006
Portugal
2010 Has started.

Spare wheel has now been refurbished and ready to have a falken 912 or toyo t1r stuck on it. As it is only a spare might just go with the cheaper option.

DSCF253.jpg

Car is at hayward and scott for the week getting some work done. Quite excited about it so looking forward to showing you all whats been done next Saturday.

these were the ones that I used earlier, and I have nothing to point at them.
but of course, those toyo tires ... [B)]

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hayward & Scott Exhaust
-----

Woke up today at 7am not knowing what to make of today. On one hand I was happy that I was getting my car back and quite eager to see the final article. The other side I was dreading not liking the exhaust, boost pipes and general issues like boost leaks pipe popping off. Arrived at 08:15am with the car sitting in the workshop and first thing that caught my eye was the exhaust was HUGE. I knew it was going to be big because of the design I wanted and from the preview pick I had it looked big but not as big as it does in person.

The design is a porsche/oval slash cut look. it follows the contours of the bumper nicely and on some angles it looks like there isn't an exhaust there. Other angles you see this huge exhaust that is perfectly in line with bumper. As it is perfectly in line with the bumper standing near and looking down on the exhaust isn't the best way to look at it as it hides itself away, one has to step back to get a good view. It looks great in my opinion! It might not be everyones cup of tea however I got really positive feedback from people I trust and their opinions great.

Sound wise there is much more of a burble and there is a deeper throatier roar when accelerating. Loudness of the system, I would say is a little too loud for my liking on full tilt. When driving normally the car does sound more purposeful and sophisticated. I may in the future get another silencer put in place of the Milltek one to adjust the noise levels on full beans, we will see.

I haven't take any pictures of the exhaust yet as its been raining all day so the car is filthy and got all sorts of road salt and grime all over her. I should give the car a good wash tomorrow so will go picture mad then.

EDIT: girth of H&S exhaust is 3" :)

Hayward & Scott Boost Pipes
-----

When the bonnet was opened Slick and my mouths just hit the floor. The level of craftsmanship and thought that has gone in the system is second to non. Every bend, every join and every route has been very well thought out even down to the bracket placement. The look and finish of the system is second to non - I just haven't seen better. The whole lower section of boost pipes which used to consist of 1.8T pancake pipe, SFS turbo outlet have been scrapped. A whole new route has been taken underneath the pullies and over the drive shaft directly to the turbo, all in alloy! This route is far more efficient than before and the real plus is the turbo outlet has been fully redesigned so it doesn't knock on the driveshaft, its more direct and in alloy.

All of the above work has resulted in:
- Amazingly low throttle response, I would approximate spool up now to be around 500rpm sooner.
- Huge increase in torque, especially in 4th and 5th.
- The power has smooth out so much you don't get a massive lump anymore at 3000rpm its just constant acceleration all the way through with no let up.
- Induction type sounds have all but disappeared. This is because nothing is leaking boost as the pipe quality is incredible. I get a lovely unique noise coming from the turbo and exhaust when changing gear...little to hard to describe so may take a video soon.
- Car is so much more civilised to drive. It feels a lot more OEM quick than modded quick which is a true testimony to the new hardware and remap AmD made. I am toying with getting map improved to take into account the hardware changes...not decided yet. I will do a battery reset tomorrow and see what happens.

Here is a picture from my iPhone. Not the best but should get lots of pictures once car is cleaned up tomorrow, weather permitting.

HSpreview.jpg

**Ignore the red rubber silicone. The antifreeze bottle was rubbing but kenny@amd made a small bracket so I could move it over which I done after taking the picture.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.