Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cars getting better and better.
Just look at the amount of viewers you've had on this thread, over 1,500 SCN signed up peoples.

Amazing developements there bud, class all the way, making diesels what they should be!!

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Maz the pictures just dont do the craftmanship any justice. THIS HAS TO BEEN SEEN IN THE FLESH:drool::drool::drool:. As to the unique exhaust noise all I can say is it's very close sound wise to what 200sx and skyline owners get when they blank off the actuator kind of a very loud pigeon flutter.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Maz the pictures just dont do the craftmanship any justice. THIS HAS TO BEEN SEEN IN THE FLESH:drool::drool::drool:. As to the unique exhaust noise all I can say is it's very close sound wise to what 200sx and skyline owners get when they blank off the actuator kind of a very loud pigeon flutter.
Cheers Dave. Really glad you approved!

Looking forward to having a crack at your 330d. Should come out well.

Nice work Maz, just gets better and better :thumbup:
Cheers marty.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Yeah it will. Really wish they made the LCR in that colour. Hopefully you'll be able to do mine before the RR day. Oh by the way if you're tail pipe goes missing it wasn't me:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Last edited:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Cheers Willie appreciate it!

Well worth it Alex.

I forgot to ask how long did it take and I take it you just asked them replace the OEM stuff or did you go in with a design in mind? Was this expensive? (you don't have to tell me if you don't want to)
Sorry for the questions, interested minds and all that :D
Alex

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I forgot to ask how long did it take and I take it you just asked them replace the OEM stuff or did you go in with a design in mind? Was this expensive? (you don't have to tell me if you don't want to)
Sorry for the questions, interested minds and all that :D
Alex

I had the sfs stuff on when they started to work on the car so they knew the route roughly. We just agreed that it needed to be adjusted in certain areas before hand. When they were changing over the pipes they phoned me and ask questions on how I wanted things done. They had the car for a week.

It was expensive yes but you are paying for the quality at the end of the day.

brad1

The pipes looked good when i saw them yesterday quickly matey, im also very interested to see the lower pipes, craftmanship and design looks top notch ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hayward and Scott: Boost Pipes and Exhaust
-----

Spent today washing and cleaning the car.

Looks like the protection I put back in June is now wearing off as the water sheeting and beading isnt as tight on some panels. Looks like I am going to have to give her a full paint correction detail in feburary ready for AMD RR.

Nicest compliment of the day was a pass by asked me if I was selling her as he walks past it every day and loves it.

As promised here are pictures of my new exhaust and pipes.

DSCF2524.jpg

DSCF2525.jpg

DSCF2529.jpg

DSCF2530.jpg

DSCF2533.jpg

DSCF2534.jpg

DSCF2535.jpg

DSCF2539.jpg

DSCF2542.jpg

DSCF2543.jpg

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
DSCF2544.jpg

DSCF2550.jpg

DSCF2552.jpg

DSCF2555.jpg

DSCF2558.jpg

DSCF2559.jpg

DSCF2562.jpg

DSCF2563.jpg

DSCF2564.jpg

DSCF2560.jpg

More power
---
ECU has adapted today and definitely more responsive and quicker than before. I don't think I have gained peak BHP but definitely more power over the whole rev range. I love it!

Last edited:

brad1

When i saw the exhaust for the first time yesterday, i wasnt to keen on it, but after seeing from these pictures, i think it has grown on me. Boost pipes look a top job too, just shows hayward and scotts work, sfs take months to try and design PD150 boost hoses, and hayward and scott take not even a week, top marks to them from me ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Are you going to get the blue pipe from the airbox done aswell Maz ?
Indeed I am sir.

that exhaust is utter p0rn
Glad you approve mart.

When i saw the exhaust for the first time yesterday, i wasnt to keen on it, but after seeing from these pictures, i think it has grown on me. Boost pipes look a top job too, just shows hayward and scotts work, sfs take months to try and design PD150 boost hoses, and hayward and scott take not even a week, top marks to them from me ;)
To be fair we have to give props to SFS, they did spend time developing the kit for the tdi and listened and adapted the product when asked. Glad you like it mate, the car was filthy yesterday and exhaust was covered in all sorts of road grime and soot from me enjoying it.

Exhaust looks much better clean:cartman:. Can't wait to hear it on the rollers
Yea the car was absolutely filthy yesterday. Took ages to clean today.

What a minter :D I'm liking your Exhaust
Cheers mate.

EDIT:
Minor update to my initial post. Car adapted to new hardware and gosh is she quick now, much more power over the range.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.