Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Losing Protection
-----

Just wanted to share with you some interesting pictures for people who like detailing.

Picture #1 - on the face of it looks like the protection is pretty good.

IMG_0058.jpg

Picture #2 - On closure inspection there are tell tell signs the of the protection wearing thin, the beads are loose.

IMG_0059.jpg

Picture #3 - On the bonnet here the beads are quite big as the lose beads are just joining together.

IMG_0061.jpg

Picture #4

Massive sign the protection is all but run out. In this specific case there is still some protection as the water is remaining on the roof for the whole day. Still not enough though.

IMG_0060.jpg

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Yep, good shout maz. Mines beginning to look exactly the same. I've been noticing it for a few weeks now and really need to do something about it, but me being a soft old git it needs to warm up a bit first. Hopefully if things go well workwise this next year and I feel confident that the job is stable then mrs holdi will get a kitchen extension and I will get a nice long drive back to a detailing garage where I will never have to worry about the cold again.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
UPDATE: H&S
-----
No rest for the wicked as they say. Got some more custom work coming in the next few months.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Oh your here alright, your hear him from a mile away if he decides to use the fun pedal alittle on the way up to AMD... LOL

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
New Car: Ibiza 1.6 TDI CR S/C
-----

Purchased a new car today with the misses.

Seat Ibiza 1.6TDI CR with lots of extras
- 17" Alloys
- Metallic Paint (Track Grey)
- Cruise Control
- Bluetooth Communications Pack
- Combined USB/AUX-in Connection
- Electric Folding Door Mirrors
- Luxury Car Mats

Perfect car for the mrs and one I will be using to make few trips to supermarket, shopping and maybe a small meet or two.

I also test drove the Seat Ibiza Boncanegra today. Really good car, great handling and performance for such a small engine. What let the car down with the DSG gear box. Even in manual mode it took a second or so to react when changing up and down. Not sure if its something you can adapt by changing second earlier? Really enjoyed driving it though.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
It was a pleasure to help mate and to watch you work your magic. Thanks for doing a top job even tho we bit off more than we could chew in 1 day:lol:. Oh thanks for the coffee and pizza's. When we get round to doing mine we'll have to use my garage as it's bit warmer:cartman:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It was a pleasure to help mate and to watch you work your magic. Thanks for doing a top job even tho we bit off more than we could chew in 1 day:lol:. Oh thanks for the coffee and pizza's. When we get round to doing mine we'll have to use my garage as it's bit warmer:cartman:
Welcome Dave! :)

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
hey maz i should be seeing you real soon now. hopeully getting car back this week. final stages of mapping and setting up

COOLMAN

Hi there.
Nice car!
It's good to see it's all kept looking factory. The rims in the 3rd thread are great,very similar
to the offerings on the facelift Vrs but a tad nicer. I'd like to know more about them if poss?.
I'm not too up on Seat O/E wheel's i guess they are not original spec?!. Good Cruisin!

Cheers
COOLMAN[B)]

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
hey maz i should be seeing you real soon now. hopeully getting car back this week. final stages of mapping and setting up
Hi mate. Yea cool just PM me when your ready and we will sort something out.

Hi there.
Nice car!
It's good to see it's all kept looking factory. The rims in the 3rd thread are great,very similar
to the offerings on the facelift Vrs but a tad nicer. I'd like to know more about them if poss?.
I'm not too up on Seat O/E wheel's i guess they are not original spec?!. Good Cruisin!

Cheers
COOLMAN[B)]
Thanks bud. They are LCR wheels machine faced and powder coated so yes they are origional spec.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Engine Bay Tidy Up
-----
Had a pleasant weekend just pass. I helped detail Slick's engine bay to get it back up to a reasonable standard setting him up for some polishing whilst his car is on axle stands. He just got his car back from AmD Essex having spent £1300 on service, cambelt, waterpump, superpro wishbone bushes, superpro steering rack bush, uprated track rods, tracking, new tyre, wheel balancing all round and cleaned carbonio. We went out for a nice drive on some of our fave B roads. His car felt very nice, quick and positive. Handling was just awesome and its good to see it back to how it was couple years back. Actually quite interesting comparing our two cars, amazing how different suspension setups, wheel sizes and engine mounts can change things.

His car should look very cool once he gets his wheels back from refurb...Oh and I will be giving his car a quick mop over before RR day too.

As for me I got my Forge Strut Top Caps which arrived today in black. Should fit them on the weekend. I am also looking to do some other engine bay changes too in the coming months which should smarten things up.

rscott4563

Well AmD aren't exactly renown for being cheap are they! What's the hourly rate down there, about £60 an hour + vat...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Well big service, cambelt, bushes and track rods your talking a good lump of labor right there. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

:lol:

I'll wait until I get my cambelt and waterpump done before I call that expensive, but I have been quoted around £400 by a garage I know very well and trust.

Leaving me 1k for some bushes and track rods :funk:

actually that will leave me minus £400 but I can dream - Sorry for the hijack Maz, what's next?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members