Cupra R101

Cheers for that mate v helpful I drive pretty hard and plan to return to THE ring again maybe this year
Got stage 1 custom code but still need ARBs
My discs are knackered and need replacing so think will go for set of Powervane as direct replacement of originals
Got the ds2500 on order reackon last set of DS2500 helped to s*ag oem discs as weak point on car compared to Brembo calipers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers for that mate v helpful I drive pretty hard and plan to return to THE ring again maybe this year
Got stage 1 custom code but still need ARBs
My discs are knackered and need replacing so think will go for set of Powervane as direct replacement of originals
Got the ds2500 on order reackon last set of DS2500 helped to s*ag oem discs as weak point on car compared to Brembo calipers
Remember theres more to the discs fitting the car than just the discs. You'll need the calliper spacer to allow these to fit.
Try PMing CupraMVR, he has 325mm x 28mm powervan discs on his car without the caliper spacer.
Sounds like you could benefit from better discs

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Update!!!

Well finally there seems to be light at the end of the dark winter tunnel.

Initially the last time I drove the car, about October last year, the alarm was going off all the time when above 15 MPH. So that day I got home, disconnected the battery and there it has sat till the other day.
When doing google checks it seemed to point toward the door mechanism.
On the LCR there is a logic system that needs the door to be confirmed to be closed before the ECU is happy to let the car progress.
Eventually I got the battery reconnected in the car, after being disconnected for 4 months it was still fully charged. No alarm went off so all looked well.
Put the key in the slot and first fire we had ignition :)
Went for a spin and even above 15 MPH there was no alarms and progress was good, it was great to drive her again
So not fully convinced by this ran VAG com scan again and sure enough, door mechanism sort code.....BASTID!!!!

To remove the mechanism it involves removing the door panel, which has been done as weight saving anyway, rolling down the window till the glass mounting bolts are in view through the inner panel, supporting the glass and removing these bolts and winding the window down 'a bit' more.
This allows, with removing some other bolts the locking mechanism and the window support frame to be removed.
On inspecting the inside PCB of the logic system I noticed some wetness, problem found.
So I have ordered a new one of these for David at SereMotors of course.
For all of those who haven't spoke to David in a while he has a new number that can be gotten through BT.
So I'm just waiting for this to be delivered, unfortunately on back order.

Also just spoken to Vince of Stealth racing.
He is currently waiting for a bearing, also on back order, to complete my Autotech Wavetrac differential fitting to my spare gear box.
I was pointed toward Vince to do this job as he is thought of being the best and has a great reputation. When speaking to Bill (Badger 5) prior to sending Vince my gear box I asked him what else needs done to the O2M GB. Bill suggested that they were very good boxes but the rivet holding the selector fork was a weak point and to ask Vince to bolt this.
So Vince has bolted this and changed a bearing in the GB itself as it sounded a little bit suspect.
So once the back order bearing is delivered this will be fitted and I'll arrange for this to get shipped back up the road.

I hope to fit this to the car ASAP and get testing:)

I have booked my first track day of the year at Knockhill, 6th of May with www.trackscotland.co.uk and will attend more before this if I'm home and if the car is all back together.

I still have a heap of other bits to fit to the car so busy times ahead.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Great to see you progressing Willie, i can't wait for your review of the Wavetrack Diff. Your setup will be a difficult one to beat on the track for sure. The weather has been so bad the time you've been off the road you've hardly missed much decent driving time anyway. :thumbup:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Great to see you progressing Willie, i can't wait for your review of the Wavetrack Diff. Your setup will be a difficult one to beat on the track for sure. The weather has been so bad the time you've been off the road you've hardly missed much decent driving time anyway. :thumbup:
Cheers, TBH I had gotten used to the LCR being a statue in my drive.

It was really good to drive the car again, really good.

I have a mate with a 360 BHP+ MK2 LC who will have the same diff fitted with coilovers too so he'll be whizzing past me easily. but we'll see on the corners ;)

REALLY looking forward to getting the new GB in.
I'm sure it's going to be a strange experience.
Even with the uprated front ARB and coilovers it took a bit of time to get used to when you steer the car actually turns, you don't realise how used to the delay you are until you drive a car set up like this.
So will be interesting to see the changes in behaviour with the LSD.

At this rate I might get some snow to play in too

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Snow at the end of 2010 you mean ha ah,

good to see your getting there now, might be noisen you up for a passenger lap.

Thought anymore about corner weighting?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Ah ****!!!!!

Well, bit of a **** up today.

When reinstalling new door lock mechanism I smashed the drivers window:(:censored:[:@]

So

http://www.plastics4performance.com...lycarbonate-windows/LEON-MK1/c-1-288-477-481/

Have been ordered.
A bit before I had expected to be buying these but not going to buy a new window just to replace it soon.

Even though there isn't a picture they do actually exist.

So gone for full set with drivers side slider:drive1:

£319 + £5 shipping + VAT

***************I know not to work with glass when your pissed off and short of temper, lol

Thankfully its 10 degrees and sunny today.
Was good to drive car too, if a little drafty, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Also found out something else today, the drivers window weighs 3 Kgs, in bits lol

That's about 15kg saving with all door windows and the B pillar at the back right ?

By the way regarding the KW V3 Suspension, after having a nightmare of a weekend trying to change my engine mounts I decided to give Storm Development my car to fit and tune the suspension for track days. They will also be doing corner weights to balance the car.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
...Gonna get it weighed for sure and will see about corner weighting

FWIW, the March issue of Redline has an article re corner weighting:
http://www.redlinemag.com/page/redline?entry=march_issue_out_now

BTW, will you be disabling your LCR's ESP? Only, in a recent issue of Evo there was a tech article re ATBs/LSDs that mentioned that aftermarket 'trick diffs' can sometimes confuse a car's OE ESP setup, resulting in excessive wear to the clutch, gearbox & driveshafts. But you've probably already thought of/dealt with that wee issue, so 'I'll get my coat'. :runaway:

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
FWIW, the March issue of Redline has an article re corner weighting: http://www.redlinemag.com/page/redline?entry=march_issue_out_now BTW, will you be disabling your LCR's ESP? Only, in a recent issue of Evo there was a tech article re ATBs/LSDs that mentioned that aftermarket 'trick diffs' can sometimes confuse a car's OE ESP setup, resulting in excessive wear to the clutch, gearbox & driveshafts. But you've probably already thought of/dealt with that wee issue, so 'I'll get my coat'. :runaway:
Thanks for posting this. I have thought about it but no more than that. Was there any suggestios of disabling the ESP etc in the mag?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Danny, i'll have everything up in sale section, you can have dibs.
I'm hoping to loose 15kgs of glass and also 15kgs of gubbins and as said all high up weight too.
Indy, will be interesting to see what ride height you end up with, limme know. Also total weight would be interesting too.
Baz not too sure about coatings etc but does have a drivers slider:)

At the moment I am trying to loose 3kg for tomorrows kart race!! Been eating too many pies I think!!

I have that copy of Redline knocking around..I would have sent it with the MAF if I'd seen this first!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.