Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Fingers crossed for all your future modifications Maz :) see you soon...
Cheers Stan.

I got:
- VF Droplinks arriving tomorrow
- 034 Motorsport Mounts end of this week
- Car going into AmD for a brand new remap and fitting of above parts.
- Clamps from SFS in the coming weeks.

Hopefully it all gets sorted soon as its stress I dont need at the moment.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Good luck with SFS Maz, since Anthony left I've found them to be a complete nightmare to deal with.

Won't be using SFS ever again thank god!

How come you need a brand new map? Is this like the 10th edition?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Good luck with SFS Maz, since Anthony left I've found them to be a complete nightmare to deal with.

Won't be using SFS ever again thank god!

How come you need a brand new map? Is this like the 10th edition?
Yes I know what you mean about SFS. They have a guy call Lee who has taken everything over and said to me that nothing was documented by Anthony which is part of the problem. Anyway I am just clinging onto hope that they sort out these clamps. If they dont I got Slick who has already CAD up links for me to get made by fabricator.

10th Edition :lol: yea had plenty off them havent I. The car went through a lot of changes which the old map hasnt taken into account so we are wiping slate clean and starting from scratch. It all about development and getting things fine tuned so I get maximum benifit from the hardware I got.

I also bought a tank for watermeth and was getting a new improved streetable cam but things might have to go on hold as certain things are changing in the household.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You can get good money for a baby on the internet, you could then spend the profit on more mods :D
How much? :lol:

Thats what I was thinking ;)

I was thinking the same too, did you manage to do them logs anyway dan??

Baby on the way maz ? Is this the household change

No baby on the way thats 2-3 years away yet. Buying my brothers 50% of my house with my mrs.

Thank god, give me chance to catch up... or even pass you if I can got my grubbing mitts on the BT sooner...;)
At least I can divert energies to your car since things may slow down for me.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yay! VF Drop Links arrived. Amazing service from VF in the states, ordered Thursday and arrived today :thumbup:

Should be fitted Saturday morning :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
VF Engineering Drop Link
-----

Got the VF Drop Links installed today. Whilst they were being installed I took the opportunity to take some pictures. Comparing them to the stock units they are miles apart in quality and much much stronger.

VFDropLink1.jpg

VFDropLink2.jpg

Results
Car feels stiffer on the front end in normal everyday driving. They really start to work when you start throwing the car round corners and start changing directions when exiting a turn which demands more of the anti roll bar. Just allows the car to change direction without this delay it had before. These are all small changes but as I drive the car the changes feel massive to me. I just love the way the car feels now and knowing that the drop links makes the ARB work to its full potential is a real confidence booster. Car feels pointy, direct and stiff so job done in that respect.

Future
Just waiting for the 034 Motorsport top mounts to come through and the handling mods are complete. :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
maz , how much was the drop links direct after ?

also hows that filter holding up ?? still pleased

im considering the jetex ones dont know yet tho
Umm well I purchased two sets of droplinks for me and Slick but all in it came to £115 delivered for both sets. Same price really as what Regal sold them as but difference being I got them direct from the states in super fast time.

Amazing upgrade for what they are.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.