Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
not a bad price then , if i remember regals web had them down for about 80-90 quid a pair

i will see how this new oem one holds up first , looks like the one that snapped wasnt oem but a gsf replica , the genuine one seems better built etc

as for filters , why i didnt see the trees through thet forest i dont know , but to test out wether carbonio is better over just a filter or not is easy , take the carbon pipe off and plonk the filter there instead can give it a good clean too

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
not a bad price then , if i remember regals web had them down for about 80-90 quid a pair

i will see how this new oem one holds up first , looks like the one that snapped wasnt oem but a gsf replica , the genuine one seems better built etc

as for filters , why i didnt see the trees through thet forest i dont know , but to test out wether carbonio is better over just a filter or not is easy , take the carbon pipe off and plonk the filter there instead can give it a good clean too
I think its more like £117 delivered from Regal.

Carbonio is a v.good induction kit.

1) Carbon is very heat resistant.
2) Nice Cold air from wheel arch area
3) Gives the air the chance to straighten itself out so MAF gets better reading.

Slick is in fact sticking with his and just sticking the same apexi filter on the end of his. Its an awesome filter.

Eitherway my aim was for good filteration and good flow.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Slick is in fact sticking with his and just sticking the same apexi filter on the end of his. Its an awesome filter.

Yes, but as I found out last night, it wont fit if you have a Cupra R bumper and fogs lights...
Need to get an new 75mm bend for the Carbonio end so that the filter can fit in the arch... I currently have the same set up as Maz with the filter in the engine bay until a time I get the end pipe sorted....:think:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
slick when you was running the carbonio , did you experience on morning start ups i never seem to have any guts to pull away , i need to rev it a bit more than usual to get it going , its a little sluggish to start then when crawling down the road , the turbo then aggressivley kicks in , when engine warm it doesnt do it

as if theres no air being drawn in or something then when start going it flows ??
the only other niggle about the cai is its a PITA to access for cleaning etc

where my thoughts were to put in bay making easier and hopefully get rid of this lag

cheers guys

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
slick when you was running the carbonio , did you experience on morning start ups i never seem to have any guts to pull away , i need to rev it a bit more than usual to get it going , its a little sluggish to start then when crawling down the road , the turbo then aggressivley kicks in , when engine warm it doesnt do it

as if theres no air being drawn in or something then when start going it flows ??
the only other niggle about the cai is its a PITA to access for cleaning etc

where my thoughts were to put in bay making easier and hopefully get rid of this lag

cheers guys
Sounds like a MAF problem.

Have you got vagcom? If you have run block 11, in 3rd or 4th gear floor is from low revs to around 4k. Then post them up in your thread.

EDIT: Just so everyone is clear, I recommend changing MAF every year or so. They do expire over time as eventually the filters let dirt through. Which is why I went for a dual cone filter.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Andrew,

I didnt really find that I needed to rev it hard at all, only thing I found was on cold starts it would "chatter" more... but that died off over the year guessing this was due to filter clogging up, because as soon as I replaced it last night, it started chatting with just a new filter in the engine bay.
As you said PITA to change filter and everything, I will fit it back down in the arch, but I need to sort out the angle of the end pipe to allow filter to fit in the space behind the fog light instead of the filter currently wanting to sit in the "same" space as the fog light...:think:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
034 Motorsport Mounts
------

Finally got them through (cheers rodg) and being fitted this saturday.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
034 Motorsport Mounts
-----

034 Motorsport Mounts were fitted today at AmD. Slick and S3 AKR were also there getting similar jobs done too.

When comparing the 034 vs OEM mounts, they virtually look identical with the difference being weight and solidness (is that a word?).

The good news is that they have not caused any more vibration what so ever. They haven't made a massive difference like the drop links have but they have made a difference in high speed cornering. Car feels more planted mid corner as they don't allow the suspension arm to move like the standard mounts do. I also noticed that when going over bumps and various road surfaces you get a lot more feedback in a good way. The bumps I expected but getting more feel was unexpected but welcomed.

The bad news? I suppose compared to standard mounts they are costly. oh well.

I heard good feedback from batemanfr and unclefester about these mounts and I am pleased to say they are worth every penny.

WHATS NEXT??? Car will be going back in a couple of weeks (should have the new ibiza to ride around in which I am really looking forward to) for new remap. Also looking into heatsheild for the air filter and getting the 5.5ltr washer tank ready for watermeth when I can afford it.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Road Trip

Managed to wash and top up the protection of the car on Friday night. I thought it was a lovely day to go on a little bit of a road trip to test out the suspension setup. Car is feeling great with the only thing letting it down in handling terms is the Falken 452s. I just don't feel they can deal with the initial burst of torque and its getting harder to tell when they are going to let go.

Remembered I had the camera in the car so took some piccies.

DSCF2701.jpg

DSCF2703.jpg

DSCF2707.jpg

DSCF2709.jpg

DSCF2713.jpg

DSCF2715.jpg

DSCF2717.jpg

DSCF2721.jpg

DSCF2723.jpg

DSCF2725.jpg

Last edited: