COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

Rauer

Anyway I can check before I make the trek!! My satnav is sayin 50 mins but I know it ain't that far is it?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Anyway I can check before I make the trek!! My satnav is sayin 50 mins but I know it ain't that far is it?

I used to work at the telephone exchange at Headless Cross (many years ago!) and I don't remember it being 50 minutes! I can get to Coventry in 30!

Straight up the M5, on to the M6, on to the M54, five minutes from junction 2, jobs a good 'un!

If you've got standard VAG-COM, check if you can communicate with your car using a k k line lead. If you can, then it should work. If you have to use a CANBUS lead then it won't work.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It's the 1J0 convenience module, I'm not sure whether it's related to age, or the level of interior. You have the memory seats IIRC so you've got a "beefier" CCM that controls more than my (and Dougie's) 1C0 model. His car's a pretty similar age to yours (51 vs 52 plate) so I don't think it's so much related to the age.

And yeah, if you have VAGCOM and have a part number starting 1C0 or 1J0 it should work with either one set of the codes or the other; I don't think there's any difference between different revisions of each module, just the major differences between 1C0 and 1J0. From what I've read, anyway. :)

Nice one mate, much appreciated! :thumbup: I did have a look at yours and Dougie's profile to see how old your cars were, but Dougie didn't have his listed.

Rauer, if you're able to get into VAGCOM and have a check at the convenience module number, then we should be able to determine what can be done for you.

And yes, half an hour sounds about right...:D

Rauer

As I'm a bit of a newbie to the vag family I don't yet have vag com is there any other way?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I think that is available via VAG TACHO 2.5

Just got myself a TACHO cable from Ebay, £33 with software included. Apparently the VAGCOM cable has different wiring to the TACHO cable....

I shall be having a little play when I get home tonight, so shall report back if the VAGCOM cable works and if the SKC number is available through VAG TACHO.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Moshymosh said:
i dont know what he is going to use all i know he said he can do it at audi for me so im happy.
Well windows aren't possible but let me know if he can do the key would be interested if it can with our software at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakemorris

Jul 8, 2007
IT WORKED FOR ME!!!!!!!! CHEERS!
i used an ebay cable (i can link to the one i got if you want,
for the record i have a 150 tdi cupra,
thanks again
jake

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
Never managed to get VDS working with my serial lead :(

Thread resurrection... but good news!
Long read so please bear with me :)

So, after getting really pi**ed off with prehistoric laptops, dodgy COM cables and VDS failing to connect - despite VAGCOM connecting fine (!!!),
I dug up this little gem courtesy of leonclub.pl: It's called Motordiag Komfort Manager Lite.

With this you can activate remote auto windows using a generic USB cable
No need for COM ports, DOS and the whole kerrfufle of text mode software ;)

The software is a no brainer: just install, register and connect. Few clicks and it's done.
Simples! And it's free. This is the homepage and description:
http://www.motordiag.eu/mkm/index.php
It's used to make basic changes in the comfort module,
like indicator flash and siren sounds when locking, auto door lock, etc.

However there is only one catch... no English version, it's only in... errrr... Czech... :D

Fortunately Czech is sort of similar to Polish, which is my native language,
so for me it was not much of an issue. Actually the software is so simple
I think most people without any knowledge of these languages can at least
activate the window features.

Here's the direct link to the download
http://www.motordiag.eu/download/MKMSetup.exe

Registration page (FREE!)
http://www.motordiag.eu/script/mkm-aktivace

top box is registration number
bottom box is your e-mail where the activation code gets sent
(straight away I might add)

A few screens of the actual software:
screen002.jpg

Aktivace oken = activate windows
Konfigurace jednotky = configure units? this leads to other config options (auto lock, lock blink, siren) below:

config.jpg

I tested it today, works a treat:
-HP laptop running Vista
-2003 Leon Cupra R (comfort module 1C0 959 799 F)
-generic USB-OBD cable (KKL) just like this one

interfejs-diagnostyczny_46.jpg

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
And this software doesnt work with all comfort modules. For eg. it didnt work on mine 2000 x reg Cupra unfortunately :(.

Danny just google it ! :D

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
right, the activate oken button is greyed out on mine? have I cocked something up?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.