Removing CD Player?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49775
  • Start date

Deleted member 49775

Alright Guys,

How much are the prongs to remove the CD player? ..

Can i install a AUX Cable in the back of this to attatch my Iphone?

Blakrover

Apr 28, 2010
Preston/Wigan
the two buttons either side of the player have little slots under them, cut up an old credit card to that size and insert them there. I found it easier to take out the tray under the radio and get my hand behind the radio.

Took a bit of a jiggle but was pretty simple and free.

I was taking mine out so I could get at my broken cup holder to see if I could fix it. Annoyed that I can only fix it with a new one...

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
As for the AUX Input...

I have a 2003 Seat Ibiza, with the CD6 button (but without the CD Changer)

Basically once you remove the headunit, purchase this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350370717038

It is for a Smart, but works in our Alana headunits.

Plug it in, and earth pin 14, so a small wire touching pin 14, and attach the other end to the metal part on the rear of the headunit.

Once all fitted, feed the wire out from your centre console and plug Iphone in.

Hit CD6 button, will appear 00:00 but when you hit play it will work.

If you get the message "changer" then it flips back to FM or something,you haven't earthed pin 14 correctly.

Il try find the thread with the pinout diagram, if not il grab some photos of mine.

Jack

EDIT: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127865&highlight=aux+alana << That has the pinout diagram, pin 14 is in row C column C3...

Last edited:

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Sorry for the poor quality, low level light with a Iphone 3g aint its best area :ban:! You get the idea though!

img3009w.jpg

Removing Tray
img3010r.jpg

Tray removed
img3011o.jpg

Removing head unit
img3012s.jpg

Headunit out (Be careful of ariel cable on back right hand side of unit, will pop off)
img3013e.jpg

Blue connector for AUX, (the one from ebay) green wire is touching pin 14
img3014aj.jpg

Pin 14 & green wire
img3015sx.jpg

Screen display when you have done it correctly
img3017c.jpg

Aux & display
img3018lj.jpg

Hope these help
Jack

Last edited:

raggle

To earth the pin, do you litteraly jam a wire in there and earth it? How will it stay secure?

Deleted member 49775

Where does the wire come out of ? The little compartment where the cigarrette lighter is ?

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Where does the wire come out of ? The little compartment where the cigarrette lighter is ?

The wire goes down the back of the centre console, then the curved bit of plastic below the AC has two semi circle holes at each end, place a finger in each and pull it towards you to remove.. Once done, feed the AUX through this new whole, and place so it sits in the semi circle... then replace trim and your sorted.