Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Personally, I wouldn't consider larger injectors unless you go for a 2260 setup. Gains on a TD2 will be minimal.
As for the turbo intake, I should have some pictures of great interest to you tomorrow evening.
Did you ever get a reply from the guy on tdiclub that sells the colt cams?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Personally, I wouldn't consider larger injectors unless you go for a 2260 setup. Gains on a TD2 will be minimal.
As for the turbo intake, I should have some pictures of great interest to you tomorrow evening.
Did you ever get a reply from the guy on tdiclub that sells the colt cams?
Cheers Tom that would be great if you could.

You may well be right however it may let me decrease injection duration however I suppose CAM will mechanically do that. Chap is away on holiday so just got to be patient but I am in communication with him.

Gtiracer

Hi, Your car spec list is really impressive, I followed a link from the mkiv forum and when I saw your pic, I thought I recognised the house (Ill send you PM incase you don't want everyone knowing where you live) BUt nice car matey, If you're ever around or fancy meeting up would be good to have a decent look at your car

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The next step - update #6 - Forge Motorsport Intercooler Development

Forge have agreed to commence intercooler development for mk1 Seat Leon TDI's 130 and 150PDs! Very good news for all of us who have been waiting for a concrete solution for many years and I am very confident that Forge will do an amazing job. I will try and give as much input into the project as possible. As my car is the donar car Forge have a good starting block piping wise to blueprint etc...

Thumbs up to Forge and Kris@Forge for pulling through! Car is going in on the 26th and she will be with them for two weeks.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
We are cooking now indeed. Had very encouraging conversation with Kris@Forge. We all seem to be on same wave length and as he has had a hybrid derv he is ware of various issues so should make for a great kit.

Mark - its the week after. Where is the logs for your car? I been waiting and checking my PMs everyday for them. lol.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice one, shrewd move by Forge aswell because diesel developement and racing is becoming big.
TBH I'd think about having a diesel track car if I was buying a car for the track again.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nice one, shrewd move by Forge aswell because diesel developement and racing is becoming big.
TBH I'd think about having a diesel track car if I was buying a car for the track again.
Often thought how my car would do on a track. One day I will get the balls to do it.

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
The next step - update #6 - Forge Motorsport Intercooler Development

Forge have agreed to commence intercooler development for mk1 Seat Leon TDI's 130 and 150PDs! Very good news for all of us who have been waiting for a concrete solution for many years and I am very confident that Forge will do an amazing job. I will try and give as much input into the project as possible. As my car is the donar car Forge have a good starting block piping wise to blueprint etc...

Thumbs up to Forge and Kris@Forge for pulling through! Car is going in on the 26th and she will be with them for two weeks.

This is great news for us oil burner owners really looking forward to seeing how they get on with yours if possible will you put up prices for what they plan to sell them at once things get underway.
have to say very much enjoy seeing your updates on this car it does look sweet :clap:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The next step - update #7 - Ported Cylinder Head

Ported Cylinder Head has been sent back to AmD. Took a trip to AmD today to get a good look at it. Nice to seem some Automotive Diesel **** every now and again. :)

portedhead1.jpg

portedhead2.jpg

portedhead3.jpg

portedhead4.jpg

portedhead5.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.