Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
MOT, TAX, Service and more cleaning

Not much has been progressing since I curbed the modding with the car. I have got the MOT and small service coming up start of next week so will take the opportunity to fit the LHD dual view mirror meaning I will have dual view on both sides which is handy. I also purchased OSRAM Nightbreakers (version 2) for the main beam. I found the old main beams when flashing were not powerful enough so hopefully these should do better.

I have been on the cleaning offensive recently to take my mind of modding and planning what I would like to do with the car. I have purchased few new products which I am looking forward to using that should be arriving by end of the month. Sunday just gone, I went a little bit OCD cleaning the car. Got some longs brushes, cleaned the suspension arm and springs, all the arches de-tarred, de-greased and dressed with a protectant. I have also put on an additional coat of sealant on alloys until they are Crystal Lacquered with nanolex or gtechiq.

As the weather was pleasant I cleaned out all the interior too. Gave the matts a good hoover as well as the Seats a good hoover and wipedown with APC. Got my special Japanese sticky roller and made so no hair or dirt was left anywhere. There is a reason to my madness and this is because I have purchased some Chemical Guys Fabric Guard to treat all the interior from any spills / dirt that may try to penetrate the fabric. Obviously better treating a clean surface so it works better. All interior plastics got an APC wipe down and I dressed them with a new Rubber and Plastic treatment from Valet Pro which I forgot I had. I left the main dash matt as I do not like any products going on it. All the other plastics have a very light sheen (not shiny) now which looks nice but the main thing is they are protected now.

The exterior was given a good clean. More maintaining the current finish so used my maintenance shampoo that contains wax to keep the protection underneath fresh. I must stress for anyone who is interested, it is always good to have several shampoos for different type of cleaning jobs. For example 1 for giving car good clean, second for all round wash and the 3rd for maintaining a finish thus making it last longer. I finished off the cleaning of the car with a spray of Ziano Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray.

Here is a little caption and the highlight for me on this product
Z-6™ Gloss Enhancer Spray forms a tough molecular bond to all Zaino Show Car Polishes to increase gloss, optical clarity, slickness, and protection from the sun and elements. In addition to helping give your car a three dimensional, its antistatic formula will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%.

Anti-static properties of this product is really good. Came back today and the car still looked like I just washed it. I barely saw any dust setting on the car and the gloss was insane. Expensive for just a detail spray but worth using every now and again.

To finish of Sunday the neighbour (who crashed into my Mrs car while reversing) ask me to give his car a good clean. I explained to him what could be done and he said he was fully aware of my work and often watched me doing my car and other ones. Scary! Anyway doing his next Sunday so will do a write up.

MOT, TAX, Service and more cleaning #Update

Took the car down to good ole AmD today for service. Car has covered just over 40k miles which isnt bad for a 6 year old car. Brilliant service from AmD as always, gave the car a good checking over as part of the service.

+ VAGCOM adaption reset done. Car was sluggish as I been taking it easy for several months so ECU adapted down a fair bit. Now so she is now back to her sprightly self.
+ New OSRAM nightbreaker v2 main beam lights have been installed. Definitely brighter when flashing people but need to go on a country lane with no lights to see if they really do the business
+ New Fabia rear wiper blade installed.
+ New Left hand Drive Dual Mirror installed. Really does take some getting used to when driving as I never had one of the left side on any car i have driven regularly. It works really well on motorway and on busy 3 lane roads.

dualviewLHD.jpg

Toy T1-Rs now all running 32PSI. These are really starting to scrub in now. Done about 100 miles in them and they really are night and day difference to falken452s. Falken 452s are a good tyre however the Toyos are much better suited for heavy diesel lump and the torque that comes with it.

The Mrs was complaining how I dont look after her car like mine. Also I hadn't detailed the car since the cement fiasco so last week I done a full detail on the car. I should have really done a write up but thing I am getting a tad lazy recently with detail write-ups. Got to start doing them again. Anyway This week I re-waxed her car, went mental on the inside with the interior protectant and dressings. She is a happy bunny now.

ibizatdicr1_140311.jpg

ibizatdicr2_140311.jpg

ibizatdicr3_140311.jpg

Doubt there will be much updates till Forge IC now. Car is driving perfectly so really looking to see how the new IC will hold up. :)

Last edited:

Poverty

Just reading through youre spec list and was wondering how comes you only have spacers on the back of the car and not the front? A wider track at the rear will increase understeer?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just reading through youre spec list and was wondering how comes you only have spacers on the back of the car and not the front? A wider track at the rear will increase understeer?
Hi mate. The initial reason was to increase stability at high speed and see what affect it had on the car handling wise. Had lengthy conversation with Shaun at the time and we decided to test it out for ourselves - shaun being a racing car driver helped with my analysis of the negatives and positives. We found that without the spacers the car would oversteer and with the spacers it would understeer. The advantage with the spacers on the rear was that I could almost go 5-10mph more on some bends before understeer happened. On much tighter bends the diff helps this but you do get understeer with heavy right foot whereas without you get massive oversteer. I must stress though it can easily be controlled with your right foot especially with the diff.

It has made it more neutral overall but I have looked into getting 10mm front spacers also.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Another excellent write up Maz. I hope your other half keeps it clean.....

How are you getting on with your facia? Have you decided what to do yet?

James :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Another excellent write up Maz. I hope your other half keeps it clean.....

How are you getting on with your facia? Have you decided what to do yet?

James :)
Thanks James.

Not yet but I been in contact with Ben@AmD re flocking.

did u fit your front eibach arb yourself if so how im struggling to fit mine?
Front Eibach requires you to drop the subframe. Had to get AmD to do this for me.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
if your bored you can always take time out on mine , :)
i started to clean the car yesterday , ended up going for a ride on the bike

although im more into cleaning and polishing that after every ride now

us welshies are having a show stand for all types if you fancy camping & putting that on show
no doubt be one of the cleanest cars up there

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Car is still as mint as ever I see!!

we need to catch up Maz!!

;)
Cheers Rams.

Yea we should catch up mate. I been meaning to organise a night out with Kenny and you - get some food or something but things aint been too good recently.

Hows the car? Still clean?

R44MS K

Jul 11, 2010
Sounds like a plan!! dinner sounds good!!

cars moderatley clean! shes a daily driver and eats the miles up!! keeping her clean is a bit of a mission!!
been taking her now and again to a car wash... i know i know!! i can see your eyes rolling from here BUT they are one of the better ones who use 2 bucket method etc :whistle:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Sounds like a plan!! dinner sounds good!!

cars moderatley clean! shes a daily driver and eats the miles up!! keeping her clean is a bit of a mission!!
been taking her now and again to a car wash... i know i know!! i can see your eyes rolling from here BUT they are one of the better ones who use 2 bucket method etc :whistle:
Cant believe you undone all my hard work Rams! I am in shock :lol:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
hahahah using the mitts and drying towels they leave on the floor.

1.jpg

Sorry Rams. I aplaud their effort for sure but when you do mass washing on that scale I doubt the people washing the car are as careful as you would be washing.

EDIT:
Look at that, their buffing towels are on the floor too! :lol:

7.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members