Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Garage Makeover #5

Finished!...Well not quite. :)

DSCF3462.JPG

DSCF3463.JPG

DSCF3464.JPG

DSCF3465.JPG

DSCF3466.JPG

DSCF3467.JPG

DSCF3468.JPG

DSCF3470.JPG

DSCF3471.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Garage Makeover #5 cont...

DSCF3473.JPG

DSCF3475.JPG

DSCF3476.JPG

DSCF3477.JPG

DSCF3478.JPG

DSCF3479.JPG

DSCF3480.JPG

Still to be done:

- Order Shed to transfer stuff in house and in garage away
- Clean garage floor and walls again
- Fill in some of the gaps that I didn't get time to fill in today
- Order spray gun to and white paint for sealing and walls
- mask all fixings, garage door, lights, door ready for painting
- order garage floor paint
- order shelving

Thoughts so far:

Ceiling is not as low as I imaged it to be and as its going to be whiter once painting it will make the garage feel bigger which is great.

Super pleased with the halogens. one in every corner will make it so much easier to work on my car and anything I detail in the future. They also produce a nice amount of heat so in winter they will help a tad.

The florescent work of two switches, one switch for the center and the other for the outers. They provide a lovely level of light so for most tasks they will be great.

Should have more progress in the coming week. Need to regenerate my options and consider the tactical options available :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks Daz. A lot of the work was done by my builder. Rodger helped out massively to speed things a long as well as me :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I am surprised you havent shown all the hard work from the alley?! That was a job on its own!!
Dont you worry Rodger, will definately post some pictures up of your/our hard work. We got to sort out the other section yet :lol:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Garage Makeover #6

Today i bought the paint sprayer and the wall and floor paint. Tomorrow I will be tidying, sweeping, hoovering and pressure washing the garage floor so its very clean for the floor paint. I will also mask up all lighting and electrical points ready for wall spraying. I decided I am going to spray the ceiling aswell to save time so hopefully it all goes well.

Got to make sure I cover up well lol!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Garage Makeover #6 Update

Today, as what seems to be the norm thing recently, I took everything out of the garage and gave the floor a good sweep ready for pressure washing.

DSCF3481.JPG

The floor came out pretty good once it was fully dry. I wasn't expecting an immaculate floor but as long as its clean ready for the garage floor paint to bond properly thats all that matters.

DSCF3483.JPG

DSCF3485.JPG

DSCF3489.JPG

Once the floor was dried, I cracked on with the masking up. Took me a good few hours to get everything masked ready for spraying. I got really bored by the end of it and was happy to finish!

DSCF3486.JPG

DSCF3487.JPG

DSCF3488.JPG

DSCF3490.JPG

DSCF3491.JPG

DSCF3492.JPG

So where are the pictures??? Well the spray gun was rubbish (taking it back tomorrow for a full refund) so I did the painting the old fashioned way with roller and brushes. I finished 3/4 of the walls by 10pm (started a 9am this morning with everything) so will take pictures tomorrow once done. Next will be the ceiling then hopefully by Saturday or Sunday I can start with the floor.

Need to have a good look around for some storage ideas for all the detailing gear.

Last edited:

the_fbi

'05 Fabia vRS
Jun 14, 2004
Northamptonshire
Next will be the ceiling then hopefully by Saturday or Sunday I can start with the floor.
Are you going to seal the floor first with a upva mix? You would normally but it may be different with your particular floor paint. I can't imagine it would do any harm either way.
upva is peanuts for a 5L bottle and you dilute it so use very very little for a garage floor.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Are you going to seal the floor first with a upva mix? You would normally but it may be different with your particular floor paint. I can't imagine it would do any harm either way.
upva is peanuts for a 5L bottle and you dilute it so use very very little for a garage floor.
I wasnt going to as the paint seems to cover all bases http://www.ronseal.co.uk/products/diamond-hard-garage-floor-paint

However I think UPVA mix first may be the best way.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Garage Makeover #6 Update-2

The ceiling and walls are now painted! It has taken me since Thursday to do it all finishing late almost every night as the walls and ceiling were so absorbent. I will post some pictures up soon...

...Some Pictures!

DSCF3493.JPG

DSCF3494.JPG

DSCF3496.JPG

So still left to do in the plan:

1) Get shed
2) Put garden stuff in Shed
3) Paint floor (two coats)
4) Get shelving for detailing gear and tools
5) Get cool pictures for the wall.
6) Get a couch in case the Mrs ever throws me out lol.

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
5) Get cool pictures for the wall. I've got loads of mine you can have ;)
6) Get a couch in case the mrs ever WHEN me out lol :lol: