VCDS for Exeo

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Nice one!

My DRLs, tail lights, brake lights, front and rear fog lights are all brighter as well as my Leaving home lights staying on longer.

Good call. Mcdonald.

Last edited:

mcdonald

Bought the LED rear lights for GBP 150,- yesterday, but it's not possible to program the EEPROM with VCDS to make them work as far as I know.

Have auto locking feature enabled and increased the volume of the rear parking aid speaker.

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Also I notice that there is a "wiper setup" I would like to make my auto wipers a bit more sensative but I can't really understand the descriptions of the settings. Is it this one?

Channel 022: Transmission Grade (Front Window)
Rain Sensor Transmission Grade at 880 nm.

Standard: 45 %

Mine was set to 39% so I've changed ot to 45% and will report back when I next drive it in rain.

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Yep all cracked pirated VCDS software and chinese copied hardware!

No doubt comes with a big warning telling you: DO NOT UPDATE THIS TOOL ONLINE - as this will transform it into an item no more useful than a shoe lace!

VCDS can be bought for circa £275 which in my opinion is next to nothing considering it's capabilities.

Reactions: Viking

mcdonald

No doubt comes with a big warning telling you: DO NOT UPDATE THIS TOOL ONLINE - as this will transform it into an item no more useful than a shoe lace!

VCDS can be bought for circa £275 which in my opinion is next to nothing considering it's capabilities.

Why should you upgrade to a newer version when the car has still old computer boards?

The price of VCDS is overrated, especially if you decide your next car won't be from VAG. There's also a lot VCDS can't.

Last edited:

mcdonald

Hereby the default vaulues of my Seat Exeo of the Central Electronics module. Some values differ from the Ross-Tech wiki.

Adaptation

Channel 001: Coming Home Time

Activation Time of the Coming Home Lighting.
Standard: 30 Seconds
Range: 0...60
Increments: 1 Second

Channel 002: Brake Light Dimming
Standard: 25 %
Range: 13...40 %

Channel 003: Tail Light Dimming
Standard: 25 %

Channel 004: Rear Fog Light Dimming
Standard: 35 %

Channel 005: Daytime Running Lights Dimming (Low Beam)

Affective with Halogen only.
Standard: 92 %
Range: 51...100 %

Channel 006: Daytime Running Lights Dimming (High Beam)

Affective with Bi-Xenon only.
Standard: 90 %

Channel 007: Daytime Running Lights Dimming (Fog Lights)

Affective for Canada only.
Standard: 92 %

Channel 008: Daytime Running Lights
Standard: 1 (ON)

0 = Daytime Running Lights OFF
1 = Daytime Running Lights ON

Channel 009: Switch-Off Delay (Low Beam)

Low Beam Switch-Off Delay with Light Switch in AUTO Position.
Standard: 51
Range: 0...64

Channel 010: Low Beam Response
Standard: 0 (OFF)

0 = Parking Lights OFF after Terminal S OFF
1 = Parking Lights Remain ON after Terminal 15 OFF

Channel 011: Low Beam Response (Terminal 15)
Standard: 1

0 = No Parking Lights
1 = Alarm at Door Open
2 = Parking Lights OFF at Door Open (NOTE: not sure if this works on the Exeo)

Channel 012: Highway/Comfort Blinking
Standard: 1 (ON)

0 = Highway/Comfort Blinking OFF
1 = Highway/Comfort Blinking ON

Channel 013: Wiper Setup
Standard: 114
+001 = Speed Reset
+002 = Short to Plus Monitoring
+004 = Rain Sensor active
+008 = Long Post Wiping after Washing (Drop/Tear Wiping)
+016 = Speed dependent Wiper interval active
+032 = Headlight Washer System active
+064 = Reverse Gear Wiping active

Channel 014: NAR Parking Light Deactivation
Standard: 0

0 = Parking Lights inactive
1 = Parking Lights active

Channel 016: Fog Light Cold Diagnosis
Standard: 0

0 = Fog Light Cold Lamp Diagnosis active
1 = Fog Light Cold Lamp Diagnosis inactive (i.e. for DTM Edition)

Channel 020: Rain-/Light Sensor Setup
Standard: 2

+01 = Highway Light
+02 = Rain Light
+04 = Rain Closing (closing sunroof and windows)

Channel 021: Assistance Light Sensor Correction
Standard: 60 %

Channel 022: Transmission Grade (Front Window)

Rain Sensor Transmission Grade at 880 nm.
Standard: 39 %

Channel 081: Component Protection

To start the process of Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) learning, enter/save 46992 as new value.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE

Correct but what's it got to do with you?

mcdonald

Nath, the volume of the rear warning buzzer can't be found under [76] - Parking Aid as I mentioned before, but under:

[10] Park/Steer Assist

Adaptation

Channel 001: Rear warning buzzer volume.

Standard: 4
Range: 1...9

Channel 002: Rear warning buzzer frequency.

Range: 1...9

Channel 003: Front warning buzzer volume.

Range: 1…9

Channel 004: Front warning buzzer frequency.

Range: 1…9

Channel 005: Optical illustration

Channel 006: Audio Volume Lowering

Standard: 1
0: Audio volume lowering inactive
1: Audio volume lowering active

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Correct but what's it got to do with you?

I was responding to the comments below.

Anything else which does work with the Exeo is stolen mate.

The genuine lead will work. Seriously, that's the way forward, rather than some Chinese badly made copy cable and hacked software which as you've found out is just not enough.

is that ok with you?

i think its a blatant piss take that people will happily complain about the cost of the ross tech leads and will buy copied items with little or no support but what i never see is anyone moaning about all the free information bases and wiki information they provide and host on their own site.

If ross tech see sense they'll make anyone who wishes to use their info register online with the licence info from their genuine leads in order to take advantage of free technical info - many other people do, its almost £1000 a year for an autodata license and dealer status before you can sign onto elsaPro.

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
??? Stolen? How so? VAG are required to provide fault codes as part of the block exemption legislation. You can't steal these and the software that presents these in a GUI isn't copyrightable so can't be stolen.

Ross tech have created their own hardware and software which will read these codes, they are not affiliated with the VW group in any way.

Ross tech are not subject to block exemption rules but their products are copyrighted so anyone who copies ross techs equipment and software is commiting copyright theft.

mcdonald

Another interesting option is to have the background light of the instruments switched on on 'ignition on'. You can choose or the scale or the needle switched on.

[17] - Instruments

Adaptation -> Channel 19

?xxxx: Illumination
0 = Needle and scale only active at 'Light On'
1 = Needle already active at 'Ignition On'
2 = Scale already active at 'Ignition On'
3 = Scale (2nd map) and needle active at 'Ignition On' (not possible on Exeo)

In my case the default value was 1300. Changed it into 21300 to have the scale active at ignition on. Se picture below.

17_instruments_channel19.jpg

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Nice one Mcdonald, I'm going to look at the instrument lights tomorrow.

@MJ, Get over it. I have no intention of paying for the real deal when a copy will work fine. This is why I own an Exeo. It seems to me that some people who have paid the silly Ross Tech price are just gutted.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Instrument needles on/off with lights is good. There should be a green LED on the dash really, I think the A4 B8 has this.

I've found that you can make the radio display a digital speed readout. Go into cent elec, adaption. It replaces the clock on off with speed on off in the menu. It's OK because you can have the clock display on the dash. Only problem is that the display will be KPH rather than MPH, I don't know if this can be changed?

I'm still fiddling...........

If anyone finds any other goodies let us all know.

irvtheswerv

Ross tech have created their own hardware and software which will read these codes, they are not affiliated with the VW group in any way.

Ross tech are not subject to block exemption rules but their products are copyrighted so anyone who copies ross techs equipment and software is commiting copyright theft.

I don't believe this is correct. The last time I looked at this, the software just interprets fault codes, which are subject to block exemption and therefore provided for free by VAG. If the Ross-Tech software was sold from within the EU it too would be subject to block exemption, and therefore they would have to provide access the source code.

This is why Ross tech charge you for the cable, and not the software, and it must be purchased direct from the USA. The ross-tech software just looks for a ross tech cable and doesn't fire up until it locates one. Using a non-ross tech cable with ross tech software is not illegal and you commit no offence by doing so with a cracked copy. You cannot steal software that is given for free. Any private prosecution for copyright theft of the software would have to prove the loss due to copyright theft, which in all cases would be zero, so effectively no case.

I had this argument with an employee of Ross Tech on the Briskoda website a couple of years ago. AFAIK they have still to report anyone for copyright theft because it won't stand up.

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
t should be possible to have gear advice displayed in the bottom line of the FIS display too
I thought that was standard, mine certainly does that. It's a bit of a nuisance though TBH it always wants you to change up gears WAY too early. I was thinking of getting it disabled at the first service but I've just got used to ignoring it...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise