Ibiza SC, Leon 1.4 TSI and Golf GTI DSG

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Well as I've had my Ibiza for just over a month thought it was about time I got some pictures up, so I went out today whilst the sun was shining and the car still clean :p

myibiza1_zpsd59f25aa.jpg

myibiza2_zps146a5b8a.jpg

myibiza3_zpscbc4d54f.jpg

myibiza4_zps32dfdcf1.jpg

myibiza5_zps27cd8228.jpg

Its the 1.4 16v 85PS SE with the upgraded alloys, climate control and Black Magic metallic paint. Took me ages to find one with that spec and at a fair price but I think I made the right decision. There don't seem to be many of them about, unlike a Corsa, Polo or Fiesta etc.

I'm not really into modding so as far as the spec goes it will probably stay standard for the time being. Might change the wheels later in the year for another SEAT 16" set or get the 17" 'Saga' alloys from the Sport but no other plans. As it stands all I've done is bought a keyring, a set of mats and fitted a bluetooth kit!

Last edited:

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Time for an update...

Done about 4000 miles with it so far, still pretty happy :)

As far as maintenance goes it needed a software update and "N80 valve" under warranty to fix problems with not starting in the heat occasionally, one of the rear seats had to be refitted, and the LED high level brake light cluster was replaced as some bulbs failed. Nothing major and dealer service generally good.

Fuel consumption is 45mpg overall, mostly motorway, with some town driving. Can get it into the 50s on a run driven sensibly.

No mods yet....would quite like the alloys and seats from a Sport, maybe sometime in the future. Might buy a VCDS cable to have a play with the coding. Any suggestions welcome!

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Few more interior retrofits have been done along with a replacement screen for the RNS (with thanks to Eddie-NL for his VCDS coding expertise)

- Highline Cluster
- Cruise Control
- Cornering Foglights
- Facelift gearstick/ gaiter

80a47366cd02e5ce9d7029b82546dff4_zps5ef81692.jpg

d433bbc7d403bea07a54219ac2a0f625_zpsffc08749.jpg

peter3hg

Aug 14, 2012
How easy was the instrument cluster to code in? I've just bought one to upgrade mine (also a 1.4 TSI Reference Sport). I have a genuine Vag Com cable.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
How easy was the instrument cluster to code in? I've just bought one to upgrade mine (also a 1.4 TSI Reference Sport). I have a genuine Vag Com cable.

I had someone else do it for me as I didn't have the right equipment. Need at least access to VCDS and possibly VAG Commander (or similar)

Good thread here on the swap - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=345890 and a guide here - http://furmanka.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/mk5-mfd-plus-hi-line-cluster.html

Also beware in VCDS you need to change adaption channel 039 in the highline cluster (address 17) to 1 if it is set to 0. This seems to be 1.4 TSI specific. Without this change you'll get all sorts of erroneous error codes across multiple modules.

Where did you find yours and how much did you pay just out of curiosity? Took me months to find a compatible set from a suitable donor car! Its an awesome upgrade :)

peter3hg

Aug 14, 2012
I've been looking for one for over a year, finally found one on Ebay. It's cost me £70 plus postage.
It's a 140mph and 8k rpm one like the original.
I have VCDS but not Vag Commander. I might just pay someone to do it for me though as I'm not that confident with messing around with the immobiliser.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
So I got bored with the Leon and replaced it with something all together much faster ... its a Mk5 Golf GTI DSG! Only had it for a day but already love it so much. Brilliant all rounder. Sorry its not a SEAT guys!

Y6X36ygo.jpg

More pics to follow...

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Thanks :) Was about £250 more but I had to cancel the Leon policy as my insurer wouldn't allow the GTI, so I took out a new policy elsewhere. I'm 23 with 3Y NCB.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Iv been looking at mk5 gt tdi 170dsg as a replacement for the misses car but insurance is crrrazy.

Lovely that i prefer the 5 door aswell.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.