Dimming-Wert GH: 100 (case LED 126)
Dimming-Direction GH: Maximize

Leuchte12NL LB45 Lichtfunktion C12, "Interior Light"
Leuchte12NL LB45 Dimmingwert CD12, 126
Leuchte12NL LB45 Dimming-Direction CD12, Maximize
Leuchte13NL LB5 Lichtfunktion C13, "Interior Light"
Leuchte13NL LB5 Dimmingwert CD13, 126
Leuchte13NL LB5 Dimming-Direction CD13, Maximize

As well you can use "Türausstiegslicht links/rechts" instead of "Interior Light". Then lights are shining when a door is opened.

this also puts the rear outer lights on too

FRvirgin

Jan 3, 2016
S Yorks
The humidity sensor advises the air conditioning system of cabin conditions in order to keep the screen from misting. There is also one in the air intake. I have an FR which has the dual zone climate control so can't say for sure that this is present on the S or SE. You can easily tell if the wires are there. They will run in a little trim from the headlining to immediately behind the mirror. The additional cable for auto dimming mirror did not appear in my car not that I'm bothered about that.

You need a new sensor part number 5Q0 955 547 and a new light switch with auto position. Loads of the latter on eBay but ensure they are suitable for the golf mk7. They changed the way the fog light contacts worked from the Mk2 Leon and Mk6 Golf. Doubt youll get a Seat one without paying real money at the Stealers. The golf ones are white light rather than red. I picked a new sensor from eBay quite cheaply. Careful with second hand ones that the seller hasn't confused humidity only with light function as they are very similar.

The sensor can be changed by splitting the trim behind the mirror and removing it. You'll see a join level with the ball joint on it. Once the two halves are off, the mirror will come off its mount by turning it anti clockwise about a quarter turn. You'll then see the humidity sensor immediately behind this, held in with a clip. I decided to also remoice the gel pad behind this and replace it with a new one as I wasn't sure if it was OK for the job. It may well be OK. I dampened a new one to eliminate air and placed the new one with the gel sandwiched in the middle.

You then need to code the sensor to 00095D and disregard the VCDS long coding assistant as it doesn't quite understand this yet. Then tell the Central Electrics Module it has a rasin sensor / light sensor and that it has a light switch with auto position. Then its a case of doing the adaptations to enable auto lighting and activating the rain function of the wipers. I'm afraid I started a duplicate thread when asking for information. If you look for my other thread you'll see the comments from Dean0 which confirmed the right adaptations. Many thanks to him for that.

This is a real easy mod that doesn't involve any wiring. Cost me 50 quid and now I've got auto lights and wipers.

Hi, I've ordered a rain and light sensor for our FR, just wondering if the new sensor sits behind the black circle that you can see on the windscreen from outside or do you have to grind/polish a black ceramic disc off the screen like noted on some other VAG forums where this mod was described for earlier generation cars?

billybob

Dec 11, 2015
If I wanted to reverse all this (I've already done it and want to put it back to what it was), what would I change it back to

i made screenshots before i changed mine so i'll post them up later on but from memory i think any that have been changed to "interior lights" need to be changed to "not active" or something along those lines. And the numerical values were set to 0 on each.

Let me know how you get on as I haven't tested it

works good - only the fog lights come on though (this is probably intentional). Off the top of your head, do you know the codes for the side lights? As i would like these to come on as well as the fogs?

FRvirgin

Jan 3, 2016
S Yorks
I've given this a go and can't seem to work out how to do what you describe as "code the sensor to 00095D" :confused: Whats the process in VCDS?

Cheers
Hi Tom, I was wondering if you completed the sensor upgrade without changing the windscreen? Ours seems to have a blacked out area on the screen and you can see a black circle where the sensor would show through if the glass was clear as it is on our MkIII Octy. I only really want the sensor to activate the auto wipers so hoping it will work without a new screen but might also upgrade the light switch at a later date if I decide to get VCDS.

billybob

Dec 11, 2015
I dont know of the top of my head!

I found those settings on a german site!

if I find them for the headlights I will post them up

thanks for the help

interestingly, my near-side rear light also comes on but only half of it? i've not made enough posts to include links yet but just copy the link below to see what i mean

postimg.org/image/9yoxurrmf

any ideas? it'd be cool to get the other side the same so at least they're symmetrical?

Last edited:

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
ok so after a bit of googling i worked it out.

Physical Modifications

Parts needed:

RLHS Sensor: 5Q0955547A
Auto Light switch: 5G0941431AF

You'll need to swap that out by taking off the mirror, its a bit hard to see so mspaint time, the red line is the join i used a knife to separate it, then push up in the direction of the arrow, with abit of wiggling you can remove that part.

rMQDE6W.jpg

Once that's off you'll see 2 prong things on the mount, twist this towards the passenger side(anti clockwise) only needs to go about an inch and the whole mirror mount should be free.

next image taken from google as i didn't want to take it apart again
fgziMq5.jpg

you should see the sensor now, pull out the cable at the top and unhook both left & right side clasps, then you can pull out the sensor( mine was very stiff)

supposedly you can change the gel pad under the sensor , i didn't and mine works fine. Put the RLHS in, attach clasps, plug it in and rebuild your mirror onto its mount, at this point auto wipers seem to work without any further modifications.

For the Light switch, you just need to push it in and twist clockwise slightly then it can be pulled out slowly as the cable isn't very long, unplug the cable and put in the new switch.

VCDS Coding

you need the RLHS sensor to show in the drop down as below:
OmbvtEh.png

if its not there, this is how to enable it.

Have the top module selected (5Q0 937 084 AJ BCM ....)

Enabling the sensor, in vcds
  1. Select 09 - Centr. Elect.
  2. Select 16 - Security Access (Note; couldn't remember if this was needed or not, don't think it matter if you put it in and its not needed)
    input 31147
  3. Select 07 - Coding
  4. Select Long Coding Helper
  5. Byte 6: bit 0-1 light sensor Installed
  6. Byte 7: bit 5 ticked
  7. Byte 7: bit 7 ticked
72DdhQl.png

after this is done, the RLHS sensor with be in the dropdown list, select it and enter 00095D into the New coding Box

Now you car can correctly see the sensor you need to make the following adaptions

2. Select 16 - Security Access (Note; couldn't remember if this was needed or not, don't think it matter if you put it in and its not needed)
    input 31147
  3. Select 10 - Adaptation

(1)-Assistance light functions-Notbremsanzeige NBA active
(2)-Assistance light functions-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Not Present
(3)-Assistance light functions-Fernlichtassistent Zeitverzoegerungswert 0 ms
(4)-Assistance light functions-Umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte not active
(5)-Assistance light functions-Fernlichtassistent Reset not active
(6)-Assistance light functions-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung Not Present
(7)-Assistance light functions-Assistenzfahrlicht bei Regen active
(8)-Assistance light functions-Fahrlichtwarnung_Hinweis_Konfig kein_Hinweis
(9)-Assistance light functions-LS_Error_Ausgabe not active
(10)-Assistance light functions-Fahrlicht_Hinweis_mehrfach not active
(11)-Assistance light functions-AFL Zeitverzoegerung 500 ms
(12)-Assistance light functions-Lichtsensorempfindlichkeit normal

(1)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus automatic
(2)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung active
(3)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Cominghome 30 s
(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten Low beam
(5)-Comfort illumination-Coming-home Einschaltereignis Driver door
(6)-Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung 18 lx
(7)-Comfort illumination-Leaving-Home Verbausstatus Enabled
(8)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Leaving-home Freischaltung per BAP active
(9)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Leaving-home Zeit per BAP 30 s
(10)-Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Forward-Messung 46400 lx

After this on mine i needed to actually go into the car setup menu to enable coming/leaving home

Last edited:

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent

Physical Modifications

Parts needed:

You'll need to swap that out by taking off the mirror, its a bit hard to see so mspaint time, the red line is the join i used a knife to separate it, then push up in the direction of the arrow, with abit of wiggling you can remove that part. (sorry can post links yet)

i.imgur.com/rMQDE6W.jpg

Once that's off you'll see 2 prong things on the mount, twist this towards the passenger side(anti clockwise) only needs to go about an inch and the whole mirror mount should be free.

i.imgur.com/fgziMq5.jpg

you should see the sensor now, pull out the cable at the top and unhook both left & right side clasps, then you can pull out the sensor( mine was very stiff)

supposedly you can change the gel pad under the sensor , i didn't and mine works fine. Put the RLHS in, attach clasps, plug it in and rebuild your mirror onto its mount, at this point auto wipers seem to work without any further modifications.

For the Light switch, you just need to push it in and twist clockwise slightly then it can be pulled out slowly as the cable isn't very long, unplug the cable and put in the new switch.

VCDS Coding

i.imgur.com/OmbvtEh.png

input 31147
  3. Select 07 - Coding
  6. Byte 7: bit 7 ticked

after this is done, the RLHS sensor with be in the dropdown list, select it and enter 00095D into the New coding Box

Now you car can correctly see the sensor you need to make the following adaptions

input 31147

After this on mine i needed to actually go into the car setup menu to enable coming/leaving home

I cannot get this working....I get an error on the dash saying vehicle lighting fault....and the dtc on vcds shows light switch.

Have I missed something?

Reactions: mostafa syaj

FRvirgin

Jan 3, 2016
S Yorks

Physical Modifications

Parts needed:

You'll need to swap that out by taking off the mirror, its a bit hard to see so mspaint time, the red line is the join i used a knife to separate it, then push up in the direction of the arrow, with abit of wiggling you can remove that part. (sorry can post links yet)

i.imgur.com/rMQDE6W.jpg

i.imgur.com/fgziMq5.jpg

VCDS Coding

i.imgur.com/OmbvtEh.png

input 31147
  3. Select 07 - Coding
  6. Byte 7: bit 7 ticked

input 31147

Great guide, thanks. Can you just confirm if the new sensor is visible through the screen or does is still hide behind the blacked out area. On our Octy, there is a clear glass circle where the sensor peeps out, but on the Leon, the circle is jet black?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise