Options affecting Leon lead times

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Pretty sure they come with mats these days. My 63 plate did.

If the 67 plate is barefoot I'll be 'borrowing' some from the showroom [B)]

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Spoke to SEAT yesterday - still unconfirmed week 46. It should've been confirmed by now though, 4 weeks before apparently. The order has been accepted by the factory which had changed since last week. However, the lady reckons it might even be a February delivery. Told to call back for an update next week.

February!? Swear they just make it up.

I definitely think they make it up as they go along!

My dealer is still telling me unconfirmed Week 48 with delivery w/c 18th December...

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Email received from SEAT Customer Car quoting -
'Unconfirmed build week of week 49, week commencing 4 December 2017, but this date may come forward'

Thats moved foreword from BW7/2018 which I got quoted a month ago

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
Email received from SEAT Customer Car quoting -
'Unconfirmed build week of week 49, week commencing 4 December 2017, but this date may come forward'

Thats moved foreword from BW7/2018 which I got quoted a month ago

Mine has moved from week 9 to week 51 in last 2 weeks.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
So my order has now been pushed from an unconfirmed build Week 49 to a confirmed build Week 3.

Not happy about this at all - with delivery expected at the end of February it will be 30-31 weeks from order for the car.

I've contacted my dealer about this now because I don't think this is acceptable. I was even told by Seat UK that it was "highly unlikely" that the unconfirmed week would be pushed back - but it might come forward - well, remind me not to believe that c**p in future.

Unfortunately I can already forsee a situation where I threaten to cancel the order and they just accept it and let me do it without making any sort of effort to rectify the situation. Sure there are alternative cars, but I actually wanted the Leon as there are great offers and I'd have to pay quite a bit more for an equivalent Golf.

Really stuck now :( this sucks

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Have Seat given an indication as the reason for the hold up? Is it the options or additional siesta's? Im looking to order a cupra st with SS, winter pk and ACC aiming for September delivery. I'm thinking I need to order in Jan to have a faint glimmer of hope for September delivery.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Have Seat given an indication as the reason for the hold up? Is it the options or additional siesta's? Im looking to order a cupra st with SS, winter pk and ACC aiming for September delivery. I'm thinking I need to order in Jan to have a faint glimmer of hope for September delivery.

Nope, they couldn't give an explanation for the delay and kept telling me to contact the dealership.

The dealership already gave me the breakdown of the delays at the time of order (18" wheels, factory summer shut down) and this came to an estimate of 22-24 weeks. Now the build week is the 25th week from order, with delivery expected 4-5 weeks later.

I've reached out for the dealership. Very interested in what they might have to say.

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
Yes the delays are very annoying.

I wonder whether the situation will improve slightly as people hold back for the new virtual cockpit, but then gets worse again as everyone bang their orders in on BW 2?

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Yes the delays are very annoying.

I wonder whether the situation will improve slightly as people hold back for the new virtual cockpit, but then gets worse again as everyone bang their orders in on BW 2?

Is it definitely confirmed that the virtual cockpit will be available for option with builds after week 2?

Maybe a nice gift from SEAT would be to give the customers with silly waits it for free :lol::lol:

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Update:

My dealer send me a email today:
"As a combined, an expected date for the production of your car is already confirmed. It will be in week 47, that is, from 20 to 25 November."

I do not know if there might still be changes i hope not.

As everyone knows this is my second order on another stand. My first dealer was hiding things from me and deceived me, this second dealer has kept me posted on what's happening and it's impressive when I made the order on September 28th.

Lets hope :D

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Mine arrives on my drive in 2 days! It has been in the country for more than 2 weeks and I have ben prey to driver availability as it is being delivered but hopefully I will have some pics to post on Monday, I consider myself very fortunate only having ordered the car in July.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
So my dealership called me back - they've spoken with Seat UK and the confirmed build week is Week 2 with delivery late January, potentially early February.

The build week is 24 weeks from order, with the delivery potentially being 27-28 weeks.

I was basically given two choices - stick with it or cancel the order. The dealership nor Seat seem willing to do anything to try and make the situation any better, which I half expected.

Really don't know whether to stick with it or cancel and get myself a Golf GTD on lease which will arrive in 2 weeks time

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
So my dealership called me back - they've spoken with Seat UK and the confirmed build week is Week 2 with delivery late January, potentially early February.

The build week is 24 weeks from order, with the delivery potentially being 27-28 weeks.

I was basically given two choices - stick with it or cancel the order. The dealership nor Seat seem willing to do anything to try and make the situation any better, which I half expected.

Really don't know whether to stick with it or cancel and get myself a Golf GTD on lease which will arrive in 2 weeks time

Difficult one, personally I prefer the looks of the Leon, got 2 guys at work, one has the Leon SC, one the Golf, both 2016 reg, when they are parked next to each other in the staff car park there is absolutely no competition, however, could I wait another 3 months? No probably not so I guess I would go Golf but only you can make that decision.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
It’s a long wait, a frustratingly long wait, but I think it’s worth waiting for. Had a chat with the salesman at my dealer this afternoon, and he was saying that there’s dates and stuff all over the place at the moment. Almost as if it’s random. Luke’s spreadsheet may back that up.

Even getting demos is becoming an issue, and the 150tsi backlog has become such a ‘thing’ that SEAT are keen to get orders for the 125tsi - but the tendancy is that if you’re looking at an FR 1.4 then you’ll be looking at a 150, not the 125. Dealer hands are tied and they know just about as much (if not less) than anyone else. Majority of people won’t mind hanging on but the lack of info is the main problem. :shrug:

But I can confirm it IS worth hanging on for. Today, SIX MONTHS after order - to the day - this arrived:

066_CC2_F4_5379_418_D_A33_F_D8_CCE7_C781_D7.jpg

I think if you are able to hang on, there’s nothing else as good in terms of looks or value for £. :)

Bailey518

Oct 16, 2017
Spoke to my dealer and even though my cupra is there I can't pick up till monday. Still good going reading some of your comments seen as it was ordered mid august! Can't wait! :D

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
Well guys I am so happy, I got a message yesterday (Friday) that my Cupra is being delivered next Friday (3rd Nov) after ordering it 21st June. I just can't wait. Gone from counting months, weeks and even days to now counting hours!!

nelly22

Oct 20, 2017
Just had an email from the dealer to say my estimated bw is now 48 (was at 12) so fingers crossed that it gets built and is on my drive for Christmas

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.