Bosch "Aerotwin" retrofit wipers - anyone tried them?

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
I'm looking to replace the wipers on my Mk4 Ibiza, and just stumbled upon a product I hadn't heard of before.

Bosch "Aerotwin" wipers look quite sleek and a lot less intrusive than conventional wipers. They don't have the usual system of spring-loaded supports that a conventional wiper has; instead the wiper rubber is attached to a single solid strip that matches the curvature of the windscreen.

According to the above link, they're now available as retrofit kits. But unless I've misunderstood something, it looks like you have to buy the kit that is specific to your particular car - you can't just buy the correct size like you do with normal wipers.

After a bit more Googling, I found this page, which quotes "Seat Ibiza [6K1/6L1] 03.93-", with an item number of "A 533 S" and an order number of "3397118902". But I haven't found anywhere in this country that sells them.

Has anyone tried these as retrofits on a Mk4 Ibiza? Where did you buy them, and do you recommend them?

Or failing that, does anyone have experience of using them as original equipment on a newer car? Are they any good?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i'll only stick to standard seat stuff as all the others mess up.

But hang on till next spring and the facelifted Ibiza is coming with Aero wipers as per the Polo and Golf style ones.

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Ant FR said:
But hang on till next spring and the facelifted Ibiza is coming with Aero wipers as per the Polo and Golf style ones.
That's a good point. With luck, it shouldn't be too hard to swap the wiper arms for the new ones - I'm assuming they'll be the special arms for the aero wipers.

Giks

I've changed my wipers to Bosch Aero Twin on my LCR and what I get is 100 times better cleaning, plus they don't freeze at minuses and looks no doubt much much better than original.
no major changes needed (plug&play)
All you have to do is go to your local Bosch dealer and ask for Aero Twin on Audi A3/S3

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
what part number is needed for leon cupra 2004 for these aero blades mine need replacing at the moment i have standard blades would like the aeroblades

are they the same as the mk4 golf as my cousin has a 52 plate golf gttdi with aeroblades as standard

thanks in advance

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
what part number is needed for leon cupra 2004 for these aero blades mine need replacing at the moment i have standard blades would like the aeroblades

are they the same as the mk4 golf as my cousin has a 52 plate golf gttdi with aeroblades as standard

thanks in advance

Have a look here mate. http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/produc...Mark=547&Year=2004&SearchAlive=1&Class=ncv&c=

And no the part number is different for a golf and a leon.

I used retro-fit areo wiper from the above company and there fantastic.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
have my retrofit Bosch aeros for 6 months now and still no issues to report, made it even with the freaky 2 weeks of snow/ice.

I have noted that even proper flat blades can miss patches (had a brand spanking new 58 mk5 Golf with the passenger wiper missing a patch on the driver's "important vision" area but the driver's wiper will then clean this up)

Aimez

On my second pair now had the others on a year may have lasted longer but I got impatient with the ice and did the sin of using the wiper to clear the ice and afterwards once made a horrible noise! Were a year old anyway so wasn't bothered about messing them up!

Danneh

I've just baught some for my car. They look very good compared.

Now I should actually have wipers which work and don't ****ing splash everywhere >:{

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Very good wipers, way better than the facelift ones that I spent a fortune on retrofitting.

I'm back to my original wiper arms now with the Bosch aerotwins and I'm happy :D

I'm back to my original wiper arms now with the Bosch aerotwins and I'm happy

I retrofitted my MK3 with Polo Aero arms + Blades at a cost of ~£100 and they weren't noticebly better than OEM blades. Fitted my Girlfriends car with retrofit (non-bosch) aero wipers and they work great! Although they are universal fit ones so the "box" that the hoop arm fits into is huge! But you don't notice it after a week or two!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I retrofitted my MK3 with Polo Aero arms + Blades at a cost of ~£100 and they weren't noticebly better than OEM blades. Fitted my Girlfriends car with retrofit (non-bosch) aero wipers and they work great! Although they are universal fit ones so the "box" that the hoop arm fits into is huge! But you don't notice it after a week or two!

With the bosch ones the "BOX" that the hoop fits into is a lot smaller than most of the universal ones.

Danneh

Got the olde Areo Twin's on now.

:D

It isn't perfect, though my screen is slightly an odd shape tbh.

But, certainly better. A clearer, quiet smooth wipe, and cleans the dirt and water very well. I'm happy, were slightly expensive though.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
So do these work fine with pre-facelift wiper arms? As I bought some supposed MK4 Ibiza blades from eBay early last year and they didn't fit the arms properly, but have now realised it could be because they were for facelift arms.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.