Dump Valve Help

cupra_tan

Jan 19, 2009
Hi all.

Last week the engine management light came on on my 2002 leon cupra. I connected it up to a fault code reader and the results were as follows:

17545 - Bank 1: Mixture too Rich
17705 - Pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve

The lambda sensor and MAF had recently changed and I thought there may have been a leak in one of the vacuum hoses, but after hours of searching I couldnt find one....so I booked it into my local garage.

They had a look today and said that the problem is with the dump valve?? he said that there was a forge one fitted and that alot of people have the same problem with these...so he temporarily fitted a dump valve from an audi tt, the light has now gone out..he said to give it a few days to make sure its fine and if it is then he would recommend getting a genuine seat one put back on.

Any idea how much these are?? and has anyone else had any problems with forge dump valves?? how long do forge ones usually last...as my brother owned the car before me for 3 years and didnt know anything about it...so its been on there probably around 5 years.

Cheers
Tan

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
So it's the Forge one that has caused the problems then ?
There is a service kit for the 007,
Are you sure it's a 007 and not a split-R ???
I would'nt buy an OE one from Seat they are prone to spliting.

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
I've been getting 17705 - Pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve error for a while now , As i read this i realised that i had only been getting it since i fitted the forge as well

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I've been getting 17705 - Pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve error for a while now , As i read this i realised that i had only been getting it since i fitted the forge as well

Which Forge DV have you got ???
It's normally the Split-R that causes problem's but this is mainly due to them not being set up properly.

Aug 24, 2007
the only way the 007 will fail is if the piston sticks. A loose pipe is more likely.

Easy job to service them.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
as said forge needs a quick service every 12 months or so. it has a couple of rubber rings that are proberly letting by. give forge a ring. make sure its the 007.
to test you can take it off and using a pen push the piston up, cover the nipple with your finger and the piston should drop a couple of mm then hold. if it dosnt it needs a service... very easy to do :)

cupra_tan

Jan 19, 2009
its the 007p , i will follow the advice just given tomorrow and see if that helps.

btw didnt mean to hijack the thread ... Sorry !

lol no worries :D

mines definately the 007p aswell...so will follow the advice given.

does it need to be sent off to forge to be serviced????

cheers all

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net

They had a look today and said that the problem is with the dump valve?? he said that there was a forge one fitted and that alot of people have the same problem with these...so he temporarily fitted a dump valve from an audi tt, the light has now gone out..he said to give it a few days to make sure its fine and if it is then he would recommend getting a genuine seat one put back on.................

What a pile of crap. I strongly recommend you avoid that garage like the plague in future.

cupra_tan

Jan 19, 2009
What a pile of crap. I strongly recommend you avoid that garage like the plague in future.

u think they have got it wrong then?? ;)

ive just emailed forge, i am taking it into them on friday for them to look at...im quite lucky i only live 10 miles from them :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise