Hazard Indicator Relay Switch

fairbrom

Hi All, I'm new to the forum so no mickey taking!

My indicators and hazards weren't working (Toledo year 2000) so I've purchased a new hazard indicator relay switch (other threads on here got me that far).

Now I have the part I'm not sure how to remove the old one before I fit the new one. Is it a case of prizing the old one out with a screwdriver :redface: , or do I need to remove the radio and attack the hazard switch from below?:doh:

Any advice gratefully received.

:wtf:

fairbrom

The answer is you pull the front of the switch off - I did this by opening the cup holder then using a screwdriver behind the switch. Once that's off you then shove a knife down the driver's side of the switch to release the metal prong, then shove a screwdriver down the passenger side of the switch and prize it out. Replace the unit and bob's your uncle, working indicators.:funk: :clap:

dazbus

Thanks for the post. I just had a similar problem, but gave it a jiggle at it seems to be working now. It sounded though the relay was sticking.

dazbus

I spoke to soon! its gone again although alarm flashes seem to work.
Will replace it on the weekend

dazbus

replaced it with part from VW garage in about 10 mins.
the relay is spookily quiet!

dazbus

1J0953235J01C.
Its the same part for leon and golf mk4.
VW colborne in Guildford just needed the last few digits.
should be about £16.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
lee, did you try replacing this to make it quieter? i might indicate more if they weren't so loud..:lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.