Common Leon MK2 Problem Log

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
Knock when turning sharp at low speed.

www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315436

Solution in the link above.

might be worth editing this to indicate knocking/clunking in a variety of situations (driving at low speeds, turning, driving on an incline, etc)

I had the same noise but ignored this fix because it would only happen when accelerating/decelerating (not while turning). also it would stop once the car warmed up a little so it was really hard to reproduce/identify it.

bright side is I had the spacers fitted today and problem solved!

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Guys and girls... or just guys :p...

I'm just waiting to get a 2010 Leon and was wondering if there is any way of finding out if there are any recalls on it, or just taking it in to a dealer and having it all checked under warranty? Any ideas?

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Just ring SEAT UK Customer Services and give them your registration or VIN. They will tell you if there are any TPI's for it. Shouldn't be on a '10 plate (depending on model).

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks buddy, I'll ring next week when I've picked her up! *Excited!*

It's a 170 CR FR by 'th way :)

douthy

Rocking noise

Hello
Just got 2005 Cupra r a few weeks ago but currently has like a rocking noise. It gets faster as the car gets faster, the front brakes are due soon could it have something to do with that? Was mot'd when I bought it and I got the timing belt and water pump done last week at vw so if it was anything major I think they would have spotted it. Any ideas or am I just being paranoid?

douthy

Hoping its something less major than that !
Brakes all done free of charge from dealer but noise still there so taking it back on Wednesday for another look. VW engineer had a bit listen and thought it may be wheel bearing. Fingers crossed its as simple as that!!

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
No not a response to your post, adding to the log of common faults.

s13ndo

Sep 1, 2011
Nottingham
i dont know if anyone can help.. just got a wierd high pitched supercharger like noise under acceleration and when i rev the car ... its a 2006 1.9tdi 103bhp... iv asked someone whos had 3 of these and he said it could be the N75 valve... and someone else said an intercooler pipe could have come loose :/

help!! :confused:

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
When my intercooler pipe came loose it make a whooshing noise like air being forced through a pipe (exactly what it is I guess), not a whistling.
Depends what car it is. More details would be needed but if it's the same as mine (2.0TDI 140bhp PD) then it doesn't have an N75 valve.
Loud turbo winning is a sign of a dying turbo normally I think. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Also, you might want to post this as an actual post not just in common faults. Not the right place for this.
Cheers
Bob

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
Oops sorry didn't see 1.9tdi! Not sure f that has an n75. Call seat and ask

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
I have a 59 plate leon cupra took it in to my local dealer today to have the drivers side light looked at and ended up having a phone call later through the day saying that the fuse board had melted and need to be replaced

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Water getting into the engine bay via the scuttle and making the bonnet lining sag and go mouldy.

www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=301622&highlight=scuttle

Solution is known to Seat and is covered by Technical Product Information (TPI) No

Here is an excellent guide to sealing the scuttle so no water gets into and under the bonnet lining.

www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3681961#post3681961

Just spoke to seat customer seevices and they informed me that the Tpi had been rescinded as its not a known issue. I said it obviously was as they wouldn't have issued one in the first place but they would provide no further info. Is there a new Tpi?

J8HKE

Just spoke to seat customer seevices and they informed me that the Tpi had been rescinded as its not a known issue. I said it obviously was as they wouldn't have issued one in the first place but they would provide no further info. Is there a new Tpi?

The TPI definitely hasn't been rescinded as I (SEAT tech) still do them to this day.

As for a new TPI, all they do is update them using the original number followed by /1 /2 /3 depending on the amount of updates.

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
The TPI definitely hasn't been rescinded as I (SEAT tech) still do them to this day.

As for a new TPI, all they do is update them using the original number followed by /1 /2 /3 depending on the amount of updates.

So do I just go into a dealer and quote the Tpi- it's out of warranty

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.