Drivers door doesn't unlock in the winter except with key.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
Now it's started getting colder again I've got the same problem where when I press the key fob button every door unlocks except mine. It locks fine with the fob just not open.

I had the same problem last winter and it's been fine all summer.

Has anyone got any advice on the most likely culprit and how easy/difficult it is to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 74601

Don’t have an answer but both front doors now do this for me, started with just the drivers.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
Don’t have an answer but both front doors now do this for me, started with just the drivers.
Seems to suggest a central control issue more than an individual door lock then maybe.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
mega common fault. Ive had three leons do this. My current was the drivers door would only open with the key. Super easy fix for this, did mine and a friends the other week. Takes 2mins all you need is a drill, a flat head , wd40 and a straw

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
mega common fault. Ive had three leons do this. My current was the drivers door would only open with the key. Super easy fix for this, did mine and a friends the other week. Takes 2mins all you need is a drill, a flat head , wd40 and a straw
Go on?

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
I'd fire some silicone spray in along with the WD40. WD40 is ok for releasing and short term lubrication but it is prone to drying out. Silicone spray will provide longer lasting lubrication.

Deleted member 74601

This didn't work for me, unfortunately.

Just tried it on both passenger and driver doors today and no change.

Plugged in my VCDS cable and I'm getting intermittent implausible signal alarms on both doors. Wondering if it's the wiring, but I don't understand why they lock correctly with the key, after being unlocked if it was the wiring/motor.

Last edited by a moderator:

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Gotta make sure you put plenty in. Didn't work for me at first, then shake the door fast to move it all around (the motion of opening and closing it, back and forth fast)
Oh and you did drill deep enough to actually get inside, and at a angle so you've not gone straight through

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

Gotta make sure you put plenty in. Didn't work for me at first, then shake the door fast to move it all around (the motion of opening and closing it, back and forth fast)
Oh and you did drill deep enough to actually get inside, and at a angle so you've not gone straight through

Nevermind, ignore me. Just went out to the car a couple of hours after doing it and both doors now work :D

Cheers.

zalifr170

Dec 27, 2017
Gateshead
Hi i've had this problem and all i did was open up the key, bend the contacts to the battery and it works again.... i do this on average of once a month :) could do with a new key...

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
Nice one, cheers mate, will try that.

Just got round to actually doing this. Works like a dream now. Can't believe it's took me so long to get around to this ten min job. Worst part was waiting for the drill to charge.

Thanks for the info and the video link. Made popping off the panels a little bit easier and quicker.

Just need to find something handy that doesn't dry up as quick as wd40 before I put the panels back on so I'm not doing it again in a months time.

Thanks all for your help.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise