Common Leon MK2 Problem Log

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Cheers :) just rang them and they said there are no outstanding recalls on it. So should that mean every recall for that car is done? Also she said there has been 'one repair' on it.. But couldn't provide me with further details. How do I find that out? Cheers in advance!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I think the only way to find out would be to contact the dealer that would have carried out the repair. I guess you'll have to try the service history to see which dealers have been used in the past

LotusMike

As posted elsewhere another one for cam belt tensioner failure (FR TSI, 83K, had it from new and full SEAT service history) local SEAT quoting £4K to £6K for repair. Thank goodness it was a lease car.
Mike.

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
I've had the following faults/problems with my TDI 2.0:

Disconnected rear washer tube - fixed it myself.
Failed ABS pump - affected the whole car, engine, immobiliser etc.. cost to repair at dealer £750 (£680 + £70 diagnosis).
Rear door unable to open from outside - ongoing, cost to repair £238.67 at an independent garage, door lock module new: approx £125 or used on eBay £35 - £50

CovFC87

Apparent common problem

Hi guys, I took my Leon in for an oil change, the guy found something underneath which he said is a common problem on the mk2, and a relatively easy fix, I just can't remember what it was. It's some kind if cover that doesn't fit right and Seat fix by replacing with a larger cover. It's underneath everything at the front end. Anyone know what it is so I can call seat to get fixed?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the ignorance

ryan_cbell77

Feb 17, 2014
glenrothes, fife
Anybody had a problem with drivers or any window having a. Mind of its own?
Acts like a yoyo sometimes automatically, happened in my ds3(was French so wasn't surprised),
Didn't think my beloved Leon would encounter same silly problem? Happens once a fortnight maybe, car used daily though.

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Anybody had a problem with drivers or any window having a. Mind of its own?
Acts like a yoyo sometimes automatically, happened in my ds3(was French so wasn't surprised),
Didn't think my beloved Leon would encounter same silly problem? Happens once a fortnight maybe, car used daily though.

Seen this happen on the Skoda octavias, not sure what caused it though. Have you checked to make sure there is no debris in the window runner causing the window to close again to avoid damage? Caught me out the first time I saw this nearly shut my arm in it!!

Last edited:

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
I'm going to jump out the window here on this but.
My issue is that my OEM car seat cloths are looking horrible, i want to replace them but i cant find any over the internet.
I'm refering to the OEM cloth of the Seat Leon FR 2008

eBay item number:190923532640

any luck on these ? thanks.

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
I'm going to jump out the window here on this but.
My issue is that my OEM car seat cloths are looking horrible, i want to replace them but i cant find any over the internet.
I'm refering to the OEM cloth of the Seat Leon FR 2008

eBay item number:190923532640

any luck on these ? thanks.

Think this happens to most cloth seats, its because they are sports seats and the sides extend out further than the average care so if people aren't careful getting into them they rub the edge every time causing the stitching and material to wear/rip.

All you can really do is search for a set in better condition then yours or try and get it professionally repaired. If you are just talking about the seats being grubby and in need of refreshing, give them a good valet.

I always used to use turtle wax interior spray foam, however I now only use a spray bottle of warm water with washing up liquid in it. Spray the seats with a light mist, agitate with a brush, ensuring you do this evenly otherwise water will stain, then hoover the water back out. In doing so the water grabs all the dirt and dust which is sucked out as well. Repeat as necessary and don't scrub hard or you'll damage the cloth

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Think this happens to most cloth seats, its because they are sports seats and the sides extend out further than the average care so if people aren't careful getting into them they rub the edge every time causing the stitching and material to wear/rip.

All you can really do is search for a set in better condition then yours or try and get it professionally repaired. If you are just talking about the seats being grubby and in need of refreshing, give them a good valet.

I always used to use turtle wax interior spray foam, however I now only use a spray bottle of warm water with washing up liquid in it. Spray the seats with a light mist, agitate with a brush, ensuring you do this evenly otherwise water will stain, then hoover the water back out. In doing so the water grabs all the dirt and dust which is sucked out as well. Repeat as necessary and don't scrub hard or you'll damage the cloth

Hi thanks for your reply.
yea i kind of bought the car with it already screwed up. its all fadded. I thought it would be a easy fix. im only seeing OEM VW GTI mk5 seat cloth. im never finding any OEM any of SEAT sadly.

Yea i Think i would need to go ahead and purchase a new set.
Being that they want to charge me here at the local dealer $2900 dollars just for the cloth JUSTTT for the OEM cloth. SMH.
not to mention thats just for the driver and passenger.
i'm going to explore some other possiblities. the local SEAT deal here in Curacao are THIEVES.

Thanks.

ChrisSK

Jan 25, 2012
Bristol
My 16 TDi DSG Seat Leon 61 plate is two and a half years old, had no problems except last week on a run to Seaton a message came up on the computer displaying “Check your tyres” then an alarm rang and the tyre icon lit up. Pulled over and checked the tyres and nothing found so turned on ignition and all the warnings were still there so I pressed the reset button and the button fell inside its housing.

Restarted the car and all warnings had gone so took it to the dealer a few days later and they said they’d put a new switch in but 15 minutes later came out of the workshop with it fixed and they said the switch had just popped of its mountings.

Don’t know why the warning came up in the first place as the switch was still in place until I tried to reset it but I assume that maybe the connection had come loose and sounded the alarm.

Last edited:

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
I get strange creaky noises from the o/s rear door /panels etc like plastic expanding ,mainly from Cold . Perhaps I should turn the music up a bit ;)

Mind you it's like driving a Rolls Royce compared to my last car the ClioSport 200,loved the car but so many little annoying rattles/squeaks .

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
I have the same thing with my car, the O/S rear door makes a slightly squeaky noise when driving. From what I've seen, it's the door rubber at the top, there is also a felt lining on the door rubber that seems to have deteriorated.

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
My 16 TDi DSG Seat Leon 61 plate is two and a half years old, had no problems except last week on a run to Seaton a message came up on the computer displaying “Check your tyres” then an alarm rang and the tyre icon lit up. Pulled over and checked the tyres and nothing found so turned on ignition and all the warnings were still there so I pressed the reset button and the button fell inside its housing.

Restarted the car and all warnings had gone so took it to the dealer a few days later and they said they’d put a new switch in but 15 minutes later came out of the workshop with it fixed and they said the switch had just popped of its mountings.

Don’t know why the warning came up in the first place as the switch was still in place until I tried to reset it but I assume that maybe the connection had come loose and sounded the alarm.

I've had the warning light for tyres illuminate after I swapped the front tyres with the rear one's. There was a difference of about 2mm between tread and I think the sensors detected that.

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
I have the same thing with my car, the O/S rear door makes a slightly squeaky noise when driving. From what I've seen, it's the door rubber at the top, there is also a felt lining on the door rubber that seems to have deteriorated.

ok thanks ,I'll have a little look . I realise most cars get these noises ,but they can be annoying !

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
I've had the warning light for tyres illuminate after I swapped the front tyres with the rear one's. There was a difference of about 2mm between tread and I think the sensors detected that.
You have to reset the tyre pressure sensor on the centre console. Whenever you pump up your tyres you press and hold it till it beeps. This stores the pressure figure so if it changes too much it throws up a warning so you can address it. So get all you tyres to the correct pressure and hold button til beeps

Also treat the door rubbers with silicone spray or rubber treatment

Last edited:

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
You have to reset the tyre pressure sensor on the centre console. Whenever you pump up your tyres you press and hold it till it beeps. This stores the pressure figure so if it changes too much it throws up a warning so you can address it. So get all you tyres to the correct pressure and hold button til beeps

Also treat the door rubbers with silicone spray or rubber treatment

Good point, I think I might have forgotten to reset the tyre pressure sensor when I swapped the tyres and the front's would have had more pressure. It was a while back, memory is hazy.

Redgie

Mar 21, 2013
Water getting into the engine bay via the scuttle and making the bonnet lining sag and go mouldy.

<Snip>

Solution is known to Seat and is covered by Technical Product Information (TPI) No

Here is an excellent guide to sealing the scuttle so no water gets into and under the bonnet lining.

<Snip>

I've had this problem for over a year, and for some reason never though to look here, I do now and it's the second blooming post. Gah!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members