service light reset

mrcrabtree

Does anyone know how to reset the service light on the new ibiza, don't want to go to the main dealer to pay £10000000.00000000000.0000000000.000000000 to do a 4 second reset.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Without sounding stupid why not get it serviced?

Failing that hold in the left hand button and turn the ignition on, then press the right hand button. Or the other way around, cant remember.

Oh and we shouldnt do the reset unless we have serviced it.

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
what u mean spending money on a car so its actually been serviced? so you can keep your full service history? and so it can keep good engine condition? :)

mrcrabtree

I have had it serviced at my mates garage (for a third of the main dealer price), but he's not come across the new seat ibiza before.

mrcrabtree

oh yes, he's VAT registered alright. I used genuine service parts and the proper quantum longlife 5/30 oil. Had to go to volkswagon dealer to get a 5 litre tub of quantum oil (£35)as my seat dealer refused to order me a 5 litre tub, they would only supply me with 1 litre bottles at £14 a pop. They should wear tights on their heads like proper robbers, Thanks for the advice about the sercice light, i'll try it out tomorrow.

mrcrabtree

i'VE GOT THE NEW 1.6 CR TDI WITH THE PARTICULATE FILTER BOLLOCKS,

FR_Rob

Is In Love with Power!
Mar 13, 2010
Warwickshire
o rite, never new that.

i suppose the car's worth slightly more though with a dealer service, but well worth knowing

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
i didnt know there was a service light that came on...thats a good thing for me as i was slack before on my last car servicing which meant my warranty voided and when your turbo blows twice and u need a new engine you really look back and think yeah i should have got it serviced no matter how skint i am....

FR_Rob

Is In Love with Power!
Mar 13, 2010
Warwickshire
i didnt know there was a service light that came on...thats a good thing for me as i was slack before on my last car servicing which meant my warranty voided and when your turbo blows twice and u need a new engine you really look back and think yeah i should have got it serviced no matter how skint i am....
But now you no how to turn it off lol:lol:

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
Anyone tried the reset yet? and got it to work?
i had mine go through it's first service at a mates garage for 70quid all in :D although their Snap-On machine says only the seat dealer can reset the light

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I did allready,

Ignition off
Hold down right hand button
Turn ignition on
Release right hand button
Press left hand button.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise