Help please!! X

Hay1209

Wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. I brought my cupra R yesterday - driving home from the garage the temp gauge didn't move of 60. When sat still it goes up to 90 but as soon as I drive it drops straight back to 60. I had the coolant sensor changed today but still the same. Also if I start the car from warm/hot it revs at just over 2k until I move?! Then runs rough for a while. I am clueless! I got in touch with the garage I brought this car from who has basically told me it runs this way as the previous owner had it re-mapped? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated x

Hay1209

Thank u! Will get one ordered first thing in the morning! I think the garage owner just doesn't want the hassle of fixing it. I thought re-mapping was just the ecu so didn't see how it would effect it, but wanted to make sure!! X

Hay1209

Yes it seems to have! Starts up much better, runs better so fingers crossed that's what it was!! Just need to find something to replace the hole where the disc changer should be, get a new key and I'm sorted!! X

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Where the hole now is you put this http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=545&Itemid=6 and it looks like this

photo5.jpg

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
When mine was revving up it was my clutch switch, only played up when I filled it up never worked out why this was happening

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members