V6 engine v 4 cylinder turbo?

keving208

LCR Kev
Jun 15, 2014
cheshire
Probably should of wrote more on the question, but I have seat leon cupra R 225, (4 cylinder turbo) I am thinking of getting a V6 just wanted to know which people prefer?

I like boost and turbo lag the feeling of power building up then it comes all at once

but the sound of a v6 and the torque low down hmmm :p

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

what about V8 or V12, Me I have had the V8 (rover 3500) and loved it but I loved my Rover 220 and the Cupra 280 because they tell you they are working and its nice to leave a 3 litre v6 standing with a standard looking car :)

keving208

LCR Kev
Jun 15, 2014
cheshire
what about V8 or V12, Me I have had the V8 (rover 3500) and loved it but I loved my Rover 220 and the Cupra 280 because they tell you they are working and its nice to leave a 3 litre v6 standing with a standard looking car :)

Yeah the budget cant get a v12 unfortunately haha, wouldn't mind a V8 but which car for £5000 budget? I was looking at a 350z v6 and rwd. That's what I like about my cupra r surprise's a lot of people :lol:

Deleted member 103408

Yeah the budget cant get a v12 unfortunately haha, wouldn't mind a V8 but which car for £5000 budget? I was looking at a 350z v6 and rwd. That's what I like about my cupra r surprise's a lot of people :lol:

Love the nissan 350z but its not a daily drive and the reason I did not buy one of them when I got the Cupra was because all the good reviews did say that fantastic car but you could not drive a long distance and still be comforatble.

It feels a bit like coilovers great for lowering the car but not good for daily driving on normal roads.

With regards to the v8 how about Jaguar XJ 4.0 V8 XJR 4dr granted its a 98 but hey they are still great cars.

Anyway back to reality love the Nissan but I do think you need to also add in what do you want to use the car for, (eg daily or just weekend fun). My daughter had a friend whose dad had a BMW Z3 as a weekend car, he said to me great to enjoy the sun but no good for going any distance.

keving208

LCR Kev
Jun 15, 2014
cheshire
Love the nissan 350z but its not a daily drive and the reason I did not buy one of them when I got the Cupra was because all the good reviews did say that fantastic car but you could not drive a long distance and still be comforatble.

It feels a bit like coilovers great for lowering the car but not good for daily driving on normal roads.

With regards to the v8 how about Jaguar XJ 4.0 V8 XJR 4dr granted its a 98 but hey they are still great cars.

Anyway back to reality love the Nissan but I do think you need to also add in what do you want to use the car for, (eg daily or just weekend fun). My daughter had a friend whose dad had a BMW Z3 as a weekend car, he said to me great to enjoy the sun but no good for going any distance.

Yeah 350z isn't a great long distance for comfort and not much space for anything but it ticks the right boxs for me.
Will try the 350z as a daily and keep my cupra r for a bit, I don't want to sell the cupra really but can't justify two cars.
Would love a jaguar V8 especially supercharged but they are all automatics and I prefer manuals for the added driving experience. So something v6 is the compromise. :D

Deleted member 103408

Yeah 350z isn't a great long distance for comfort and not much space for anything but it ticks the right boxs for me.
Will try the 350z as a daily and keep my cupra r for a bit, I don't want to sell the cupra really but can't justify two cars.
Would love a jaguar V8 especially supercharged but they are all automatics and I prefer manuals for the added driving experience. So something v6 is the compromise. :D
well its a great car for the money and you can do a lot of power tuning if you are that way inclined.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

I think like all Cupra's they are a woolf in sheeps clothing.

Lots of power, great handling and you can use is as a daily drive and you don't look like a boy racer

Last edited by a moderator:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
V6 is nice, but one you get used to the power you've not got anywhere to go (without breaking the bank).
At least with the turbo motor a few bolt on mods and a remap will get that zing back.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I had a Rover V8 SD1 manual, few 'mods' carbs & exhaust etc. Lovely sound. Sold it to get married (first time) ... I never learn..

Deleted member 103408

I used to look after my old mans 3500 (P6) and the SDI (both 2600 and 3500) both very British cars with Buick US Motors.

19 mpg but as you say the sound was great.

However my next door neighbor bought a MK1 P5 thinking it was the 3500 engine but was instead a 3 liter side vale one. Not the power but it was a proper gentleman's carriage (I thing they call them Grand Tourers on top gear)

Reactions: kazand

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Never liked the P6 but the SD1 always looked and sounded great in 'Vitesse' mode.

Still all time fave remains to be the P5B coupe. God knows what a good one of them is worth now.

Reactions: kazand

Deleted member 103408

Yes the P5B coupe was very regal and in good condition today would be serious money,

Ahh the Vitesse that was a great car, I had the Rover 200 Turbo as a company car and that went at serious speed but the Vitesse had no problems keeping up with it. Also they were great cars to tune both engines and bodywork.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I have both :), Audi A3 3.2 Quattro and the LCR . The 3.2 is a very narrow angle V6 and is more like 2 x 3 cylinder's together makes 250 bhp and 220 ftlb is not easily tuned but can be mapped to around 270 odd beyond that you are talking turbo or super charger but will handle 400+ bhp easily. Obviously the BAM is limited to around 300 bhp before you need to make serious mods to go higher.
So if you want a fantastic sound track and make more power and torque than the BAM in standard trim then its got to be a 6

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise