Change in design of TFSi engine. Important issue with fuel pump and engine wear

leon_2009

i have change my cam shaft and cam falwer ok
but what it happen after that the car after 10 m or 20 m or after it get very hot at the speed or high rpm the car stop in rpm 4 after 5 m it cmoe normal also there is fult code FUEL PERSURE TOO LOW so many pepole told me that from the fuel bump intank that it comer under the seet because the apr fuel pump need more fuel and the rear pump did not give enaghf fuel to front pump

i will change the rear one from apr after 3 days and i will wait what happen

note: if u do not understand my reply in what happen in my car i am sorry because i am arabic and my e is not very good to understand

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Heres some Pics I took of my old cam follower and cam shaft lobe taken last Saturday. Thanks to Davey (seremotors for getting me the new follower)

Old follower on the left, new on the right.
DSC00022.jpg
]
DSC00023.jpg
]

As you can see very little wear for a follower that has covered 16.5k in two years. The car is standard and has no remap at this stage. As I had the pump off, I replaced the follower with a new one just as a precaution.

Cam shaft lobe.
DSC00024.jpg
]

Again no visible wear on lobe of cam.

I will check the new follower and update this thread every ten thousand miles.

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
I took my TFSI FR in for a service today and asked them to check this - I printed out the VW maintenance sheet and gave it to them.

The receptionist said they would check it. Went to pick it up and she said there was no fault found on the computer... I said this was a physical wear thing and wouldn't be indicated on the computer to a blank response.... WTF is going on in the world!!!

How hard it is to check myself - honestly?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
I took my TFSI FR in for a service today and asked them to check this - I printed out the VW maintenance sheet and gave it to them.

The receptionist said they would check it. Went to pick it up and she said there was no fault found on the computer... I said this was a physical wear thing and wouldn't be indicated on the computer to a blank response.... WTF is going on in the world!!!

How hard it is to check myself - honestly?

there is one word in your post that explains what went wrong......'she'.

its not too difficult to do yourself, just remember to bleed off the fuel pressure first.

The Smigger

My TFSI FR is a 06 plate, does this mean it is high priority to have its cam follower/cam shaft checked?
Not really liking what I am reading here, and as i am a bit of a DIY Mong i would have to take it to a SEAT garage, which sounds expensive, Dammit!
Also do this have to be done by a SEAT/VW/AUDI garage or can it be done elsewhere?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Some dealers will check this free at service,others charge about £35,the most i was quoted was £90,which was just silly............

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
cam follower after first 25.000km ... stock map...
img0026yps.jpg

Seat importer for Serbia doesn't recognizes this as warranty covered so my dealer
only charged me for new (06D 109 309 C) follower around 20EUR and labor for free
after they seen condition of old follower admitting that this is clearly factory fault...

Luco Supercopa

My TFSI FR is a 06 plate, does this mean it is high priority to have its cam follower/cam shaft checked?
Not really liking what I am reading here, and as i am a bit of a DIY Mong i would have to take it to a SEAT garage, which sounds expensive, Dammit!
Also do this have to be done by a SEAT/VW/AUDI garage or can it be done elsewhere?

cheers

It is about ten minutes to check this, its very easy:yes:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Are you running an aftermarket HPFP Igor?

If so, do these still utilise a stock cam follower which we can replace with OEM parts?

Bob is running an Autotech pump. As far as I know, all pump upgrades still utilise the OEM follower.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Just ordered a new cam lobe from JKM for £20 to keep as a spare in case when I check it at the weekend I find any damage.

Recently I've been getting a noticeable metallic ticking noise under heavy acceleration (not all the time) and have been wondering if it is fuel pump related.

Never a dull moment with these cars, last week it was PCV related issues, this week fuel pump, and next week...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise