Removing reflectors

SnwnIce

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Trying to remove the reflector from the rear of my Leon on the driver's side. I fear there may be a screw holding it in place in the centre.. :(

Really just wondering if this is correct, and if so, what type of screw is it, and how do I best access it?

Cheers,
Sarah

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Yeah there is a screw. If you have a look at the underside of your bumper, you will see a few hex screws that hold on the black under lineing. You need to remove these, and prise away from the bumper, creating a gap to get your hand into the back of the reflector. The screw holding the reflector is the same type as seen under the bumper.

Its very tight, but its how i did it with mine, hope its of some help to you.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Seems it is Hexagon Socket Head Bolt 5MM x 16MM Long, there is one on each reflector about a third of the way along (from the number plate end toward wheels) i.e. the "thicker" reflector end

The above info is from a parts list I have, so have no personal experience.

As far as getting to it goes what model Leon do you have?

n.b. The "underlining" or Spoiler is held by Hexagon Socket Head Bolt 4.8MM x 16MM Long, you can remove this by removing all bolts underneath, number plate bolts and pulling down I am told, may give easier access

Last edited:

SnwnIce

Oh man... can I borrow some tools?! :happy:

lol, seriously, thanks for the info guys!

Sarah

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
They are pretty similar to allen keys. Have a look tomorrow, see if you have anything up to the job.

Infact im sure it was only allen keys i used. For the reflector too!

leon263

Jan 12, 2008
The screws along the lower edge of the bumper are 20 Torx as is the screw into the back of the reflector. The screw into the back of the reflector is about two thirds the way along from the outer end. There is also a lug on the outer end of the reflector which fits into a slot in the bumper so when you have removed the screw lift the reflector away from the bumper at the inner end and slide the lug out of the slot. Job done!.

Nov 13, 2017
Would I be right in saying on the fr the whole black plastic trim that the number plate fixes to needs to be removed to get in to undo the screw on the back of the reflector to change it?

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
are you on about the small reflectors on the bottom of the rear bumper? one on each side?
mine just popped off, no screws

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise