Ice on inside of windscreen

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
With the nights getting really chilly now and frost appearing on the cars, I've noticed that each morning not only do I have to scrape the ice from the outside of my windscreen, I have to do it on the inside as well!!! >_<"

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

- I drive a FR TDI -

Obviously need to bring the car in to have it looked at because this has never happened on any of my previous cars that I've owned.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
I have never experienced it on my Leons but my wifes Altea is terrible for that. Sometimes its ices up inside but if its just damp and cold the condesation is terrible as well. Dripping.

I asked the garage and they said its normal. What a load of bull.

Jon Legge

I had that on my Mk1 Leon, but that was down to the leaky door seals so the car got wet inside and then froze!

Not heard of it on the new ones.

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Mine also does this. I was told by a friend to close the air vents at night to stop this, haven't tested that theory yet.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
yes to be fair,
Wet feet make the carpet wet, lots of short journeys never heat the car up enough to dry it out properly.

Air-con doesn't help with the moisture situation either as that introduces moisture when its cooling down / warming up after its been used.

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
Yep i've been getting it on my TDi Sport too !! :(

I'll give the air vent closing a go tonight and see if it makes a difference.

Thorgen

yes to be fair,
Wet feet make the carpet wet, lots of short journeys never heat the car up enough to dry it out properly.
This is by far the most common cause of the problem. If you don't have rubber carpets, you're pretty much doomed if you get the cloth carpets wet. Stamp your shoes free from snow before entering the car and tell everyone else to do so also. Closing your air vents wont help. If anything, they make the problem even worse by preventing air flow and letting the humidity rise more freely when the water evaporates and temperature in car lowers. You want to get rid of the in car humidity, not try to seal it in.

345nicholas

i have foundthe screen freezes inside on my leon and it takes for ever to defrost with the useless vents????

cuprakitty

May 1, 2007
Wolves, West Midlands
Mine also does this. I was told by a friend to close the air vents at night to stop this, haven't tested that theory yet.

I have a mk1 Leon - someone suggested this to me recently after I got the 'inner ice' issue and although it seemed a bit simplistic I havn't iced up inside since then, with a fair few nights where it would have been a guaranteed discovery first thing.

Mick.666

Anyone tried the rainex anti mist? You wipe it on the inside of the windscreen to stop it misting up.

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
i have foundthe screen freezes inside on my leon and it takes for ever to defrost with the useless vents????

that's because the vents are not made to defrost the inside of a windscreen.... :rolleyes:

I think the vents are pretty good for de-misting your front windscreen!

Got windscreen replaced by RAC..... bit annoyed as I've gone from a Pilkington glass to some brand called Safevue....?!?!

Stupidly I should have ensured that they would replace it with an OEM windscreen but they never told me that if they had to take the windscreen off to re-seal it...... basically if you remove the windscreen it involves breaking the glass...... [:@]

So be warned: ALWAYS ASK FOR SEAT OEM GLASS!!!
Your Leon comes with a Pilkington glass.....

I believe another manufacturer is Guardian......

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.